ezyVet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

ezyVet Interview Questions

Interviews at ezyVet

2.6

Implementation Specialist Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and received (fairly quickly) an email stating sand asking:

"Thanks for your interest in our role - I just wanted to flag the starting salary for this role is 40k which is less that what you have specified - are you still interested?"

It is too bad when the HR department knows the offered salary is so far below market that they have to send such correspondence.
    Upper management no doubt continues to ask why they cannot fill positions and/or continue to have staff turnover... well its quite straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Salary is apparently the main qualification   1 Answer

ezyVet Response

4 Aug 2020 – CEO

In hindsight we definitely could have offered more context to this response. We’ve had a lot of success recruiting tech savvy Veterinary professionals looking to take their careers beyond the clinic. The proposition we have is that over time they combine their clinical expertise with the software implementation skills they learn to build career without the glass ceiling many had experienced in the clinic. Our Dallas team all come from the industry and have been very successful growing into amazing implementers and we have geared our entry point toward the veterinary industry and provide a pathway where people can grow both their careers and earning potential. It means opportunity for progression within the company as they learn and develop the skills and expertise. Yes, we have quite a defined entry point but we also offer additional compensation too. Once trained, implementation specialists enjoy a bonus scheme for completed projects. This does take time to ramp up of course and there are variables depending on the individuals capability and consistency but the percentage steadily increases with tenure. In summary we should have expanded on why our starting salary is fixed at that point. We’re offering veterinary professionals a career pathway as we continue to grow our Dallas team. We aren’t necessarily looking for proven implementation specialists just yet but as we mature and require external expertise that will change. For more information about our roles or compensation you are welcome to contact us directly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ezyVet (Auckland, Auckland) in February 2020.

Interview

Very quick, and very direct. Went from the first in-person interview to an offer in about 7 days. The focus was on personality and fit (but no personality test), and verifying that you know what you wrote on your CV. Also involved a take-home assignment which was reasonably small and only took a few hours.

Conversion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ezyVet (London, England (UK)).

Interview

No screening call, straight to a meeting with the regional head and tech lead. I was asked about my background, experience, interest in the role etc. I was told a bit about the companies history and a lot about the product. I asked a lot of questions about the role and the technology used. Some of the down sides were put on the table: 1 in 8 weekends on call, tight project deadlines, low pay, ETL in PHP. I was a bit shocked, as its an entirely inappropriate tech stack and one I had never heard of. I was asked to spend an hour on their technical assessment. As is the way with these things, the estimate offered is preposterous and it would require easily a factor of ten more time. Given what I knew from the first round, this was a time committment I was unwilling to give, so I spent 1 hour as agreed. Over two weeks later I received a standard rejection template email.

Interview Questions

ezyVet Response

14 Nov 2019 – CEO

Thanks for the honest feedback. In this instance we did fall short in a few areas of our interview process and candidate experience. What we’ve done now is take a good hard look at what we can improve taking into account your experience as well as reaching out to others who may have had a similar journey through our process to ensure we’re on the right track for next time. We don’t always get it 100% right but we are committed to continually improving and our candidates experience with ezyVet is really important so your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with our People + Culture Team if you have any further insight to where we can improve!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ezyVet (Auckland, Auckland) in July 2019.

Interview

The process was super quick, After sending my CV and interest via email, came in for a non-committing chat with HR person. Had a whole load of questions answered and decided continue, got a code test to do at home and a day or two later a series of interviews (Technical and Personality)

Interview Questions

• Had a technical test at home and technical discussions in person   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ezyVet (Auckland, Auckland).

Interview

Couple of technical test including a coding exam and technical interview thru Skype, also did a Skype panel interview, couple of phone interviews. Finally was asked to fly to Auckland for final interview. After the interview I was told I would get contacted within the next 24 hrs. After flying back, I waited a day for a reply. I got none. I waited for a week, then another week. After 2 weeks, I contacted one of the person that interviewed me and got no reply, finally contacted the retention manager and got told they would not be continuing with my application.

UPDATED: Been contacted by the retention manager. I decided to change my review from a negative to a positive one because of this, as I think this shows they care. I have been told that they are trying to improve the process, I really hope they do as I think its only fair for an applicant to have good communication with the employer.

Interview Questions

• Coding exam, some personality and attitude questions, your previous experience   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ezyVet (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty chilled and laid back, the overall feel was are you a good fit to the company and team values more so than technical skills or ability. Really looking for someone with a work hard play hard attitude.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your previous roles?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much wiggle room and I personally ended up selling myself short and was sold on the belief that staff were regularly rewarded, which didn't end up being the case.

Global Recruitment & Retention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ezyVet (Auckland, Auckland) in April 2017.

Interview

A very detailed meeting, open frank conversation where the good, bad and ugly aspects were all tabled for transparency. They really stressed the rapid growth the company is going through meant loads of things to get across. Heavy work load but huge reward in the personal growth. A lot of probing on my experience with the specific areas they needed for the growth plans of the business to continue.

Interview Questions

• Several competency based questions but more conversation allowing for deeper discussion around specific skills and experience of relevance to the team.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.