Trade Me Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Trade Me Interview Questions

Interviews at Trade Me

Junior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, Waikato

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trade Me (Hamilton, Waikato).

Interview

- Phone call with the hiring manager
    - Review of CV
    - A 30-minute interview with the team manager (tech lead was sick)
    - A 48 hour coding test (Production of simple android app)
    - Rejected from the hiring process

From what I understood from their hiring process is that you are given a second interview to go over your coding test and apply any feedback. This has not happened (obviously). Throughout the entire process, I have had to email the hiring manager to hear about any feedback or what the next steps are, which seemed like I was reminding them how to do their job. They constantly made mistakes, were bad a communicating and the entire process was unclear and horrible. The only thing that I enjoyed about the entire process was the interview with the team manager, which I believe went well.

If you are applying to work on Trade Me, good luck. You will need it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trade Me.

Interview

Applied online and then had this opportunity to do the remote interview. One of the interviewer is the tech leader of the development team. Unfortunately, I did not pass that interview because I made some mistakes.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trade Me in August 2020.

Interview

Short online interview where you had to answer pre-populated questions and then a second interview with the hiring manager

Never heard back after the 2nd interview, not even a standard rejection letter. Essentially got ghosted but both HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions around why you want the job, decision making/problem solving ability   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torbay

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trade Me (Torbay) in August 2020.

Interview

Was sent an email from the recruiter at 5pm on a Friday to complete a video interview by the following Monday (which sets an expectation for you to record the video during the weekend, which I did). Received an email response on Monday saying they already filled the role. Interesting how they filled the role over the weekend. Makes me wonder why did the recruiter even bother to ask for a self recorded video interview on Friday evening which was due on Monday. I initially had very positive views on this company but the recruitment process totally ruined this. Won’t be applying for any opportunities in the future.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch, Canterbury

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trade Me (Christchurch, Canterbury) in November 2019.

Interview

I received a missed call and an email a few days after applying, asking to book a time for the initial phone interview. I set a time and date, but no one contacted me at that time - I ended up having to call the person myself to do the screening, which I passed.

I then booked an in-office interview, which went well and the panel was helpful and answered my questions well.

I was then asked to come back another day for another interview - where I would present a design challenge which I was required to complete at home first. After completing the final interview I went back to work expecting to hear the result within the next few days.

No one got back to me. After two weeks I contacted their HR team, who apologised and CC’d the original person who forgot to call me for the phone interview. This person didn’t contact me even after being reminded by their own team.

I was up until 1am finishing the presentation they’d given me, and I’d completed three increasingly difficult interviews - after all of that no one even bothered to even tell I didn’t get the job. All I wanted was feedback so I could take the learnings on for my future interviews. Horrible experience and I tell people about it all the time.

Also FYI they tell you the pay range in the phone interview if you ask, their maximum for intermediate was about mid-range for the job I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• What would you measure the impact of your changes? What would success look like? (Question after the design presentation)   1 Answer

Senior Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, Wellington

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Trade Me (Wellington, Wellington) in August 2019.

Interview

I had my first interview on the 21st of Aug and after a few hours they sent me the take home test and the second interview which was a technical one was held on the Aug 27th. During the second interview I got aseed that if I have worked with one algorithm and I said no then the hiring manager laughed which I found this really inappropriate. I followed up with HR after two weeks time and heard nothing. In the third week I contacted HR and again heard nothing back. It's now 5 weeks passed and still have not heard anything from HR / hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly technical questions. The take home test was a SQL code and an A/B testing.   Answer Question

Trade Me Response

13 Nov 2019 – Talent Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We understand you have since spoken to our HR team on the phone, once again we want to apologise. This is not the usual experience we want to be giving our candidates and completely acknowledge we dropped the ball in this instance. As explained, there had been miscommunication between the hiring manager and the Talent team on who was getting in touch to provide you with direct feedback, as you were one of our top 2 candidates. Unfortunately, in the meantime, the Consultant you had been reaching out to on LinkedIn no longer works at Trade Me, so we hadn’t received your messages. Thank you again and we appreciate you taking the time to complete our full interview process, and again we are sorry you were left in the dark without feedback for so long. We have since strengthened our processes around following up with candidates.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trade Me (Auckland, Auckland) in February 2019.

Interview

1 hour interview. Three people. Generic testing questions centered around automation even though role was for a manual tester according to the job spec. Seem to advertise for a role then change what they want for that role in the interview. Would not apply there again

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trade Me (Auckland, Auckland).

Interview

It was face-to-face interview with two interviewers, product delivery manager and Head of the team. They were kind and gentle. They asked me about overall my work experience as a Java developer. They tried to make me convenient at that time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about full development process including Test automation and CI/CD.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, Wellington

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trade Me (Wellington, Wellington) in September 2018.

Interview

Conducts speed interviews that last 10 mins. They ask you generic questions like tell us about yourself, depending on the role they will you whether you have done any work with the technologies that will be part of the job

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trade Me (Auckland, Auckland) in June 2018.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. Interview by HR and then I was told to prepare a PPT about showing to customer and engage them into the business
    3. Interview by department managers
    4. psychological test

Interview Questions

• What do you think your advantages to compete other Candidates   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.