Amazon Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

3.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
21,893 Ratings
Pros
  • "good work environment is a good thing(in 1842 reviews)

• "Good pay compared to other service based companies(in 1496 reviews)

Cons
  • "its annoying to work long hours(in 1844 reviews)

• "no cons - absolutely enjoyed it(in 846 reviews)

1. "Talk the talk... walk the walk"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Wellington, Wellington

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is my week 4 and so far this has been the best on-boarding experience I had in my 22 years in the IT industry. There is a well structured plan when you first come onboard with a list of activities and tasks you need to get done on your first weeks up to your 3rd month.

Cons

I have not encountered any so far, again it's my 4th week at work.

Amazon2020-02-24
  2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Consultive Sales Associate- Home Improvement

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Great culture, very smart people around

Cons

There is no cons as such

Amazon2020-02-01

"Solving the world’s most interesting problems"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best tech toy box in the entire world. Seriously. I’m doing things that were only dreams five years ago before morning tea. Every day is something new, another challenge, something new to learn, another customer problem to solve. I know that I make a difference every day, and I have a darn good time doing it. Our leadership principles aren’t just a plaque on the door - they’re intertwined in everything we do. Success is celebrated, failures are learned from, and we challenge each other to do better, every day.

Cons

“Self service” culture can be challenging sometimes. Documentation is hard to find and all over the place. Microclimates of information and process are drastically different around the globe (more than just localisation).

Amazon2019-10-30

"Machine Learning Data Associate"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

Culture and the atmosphere encourages you to improve your communication and team-building skills.

Cons

Not much to say probably the salary they don't pay you very well

Amazon2019-10-13
  5. "Good place to work at"

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Many good good good good

Cons

no bad things about working at amazon

Amazon2018-02-14
  6. "Amazing company!"

I worked at Amazon

Pros

good enjoyable work place......flexible and great place to work

Cons

has some management issues which should be taken care of !

Amazon2016-12-07

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Amazon2016-01-11
  8. Helpful (2071)

"Exciting Work, Abusive Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Jeff Bezos and his "S-Team" are brilliant and continue to make great decisions for long-term growth. You work with smart people, you work on exciting projects, you are pushed to your limits...which can be rewarding when you accomplish great things. The diversity of the potential work and innovation can be very alluring. I've often called Amazon my "Sexy Mistress...she's emotionally abusive, but she's so sexy that I go back for more punishment."

Cons

The management process is abusive, and I'm currently a manager. I've seen too much "behind the wall" and hate how our individual performers can be treated. You are forced to ride people and stack rank employees...I've been forced to give good employees bad overall ratings because of politics and stack ranking.

Amazon2016-02-21

"Amazing company and the most driven and smartest of the people"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You can learn a lot very quickly in a very short time - Surrounded with nothing but incredibly smart and driven individuals. - Compensation is well beyond my expectations, and more than suitable. - Exciting projects all across the company that keep you interested and focused. - Amazon is changing the world

Cons

- Can be overwhelming, very steep learning curve - Can be difficult to keep up if you are not self motivated

Amazon2018-12-03

"An Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Amazon for a month now, and I've seen none of the horror stories being communicated to the public, although Amazon is a large enough company that I'm sure there are good pockets and bad pockets. Everyone here is really smart, and wants to succeed both personally, and as a company. People collaborate and help each other, focus on data, and truly focus on the customer. Every company I've ever worked for talks about how important the customer is, but on day 2, they're forgotten. Amazon seems to genuinely focus on what's best for the customer, and it's awesome to be in meetings where people actually bring that up, and make decisions focused on long-term customer satisfaction. The opportunities to learn here are literally unlimited, and the opportunity to take on new responsibility is as well. I honestly believe you can be as awesome as you want here.

Cons

No cons, so far - seriously. Like I said, I'm sure Amazon has some bad pockets in it here and there, but this is an amazing job, an amazing opportunity, and the biggest thing I have to complain about is that it's a little chilly in our building. I can live with that. Does Amazon demand high quality, measurable results? Yes! Is it hard work? Yes! Is it rewarding? Yes! So I'm not calling that a 'con'. Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse.

Amazon2018-02-23