Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Brand Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

The actual interviewers were nice, but the process was terrible. Here's how it went:

- Talent Acquisition Specialist #1 reached out to me to schedule an initial interview screening, and rescheduled it three times.

- I received a generic rejection email three days after the initial screening from a second Talent Acquisition Specialist, saying they were moving on to other candidates.

- Three days after receiving the rejection email, I received a request for availability for 2nd round interviews from a third Talent Acquisition Specialist.

- When I received confirmation of the 2nd interview, I was given the incorrect title AND misspelled name of the person interviewing me. (Luckily, Google.)

- Interviews 3, 4, 5, and 6 were scheduled one week later and though short, were scheduled as back-to-back video calls, each on its own separate meeting invite. When I asked the simple question of whether or not each person I was speaking to knew that I was jumping from invite to invite in case any of them ran over (all of these people did work together on the same team after all), I received a non-answer from Talent Acquisition Specialist #3 that “This is how these interviews are done and they should not go over.” No surprise, every single one ran over.

- Interview 7, the final interview, was scheduled the following week. The name of the person interviewing me was listed completely incorrectly, not just misspelled.

Five weeks since that final, seventh interview and there has not been a word from anyone I’ve spoken to. They've since hired, I know this (thanks to LinkedIn), but no one had the human decency to respond to my update inquiries or inform me personally.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

good. Interviewers are friendly. We had one round of online coding challenge, the question is to construct a binary search tree. x x x x x x x x z z z z z z x z. z x x z. z z z.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. I applied online, recruiter contacted me and sent hacker rank test. After that one telephonic round, then called for onsite rounds. Overall good interview process. The onsite rounds had questions from data structures and leetcode. Leetcode easy/medium level.

Manager, Customer Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I heard back 5 days after applying to set up a phone interview. The process was disorganized - I received separate conflicting scheduling emails from different employees. The phone interview was challenging because there was a lot of background noise but what was worse is the person didn't know anything about the the role. They asked for my desired salary, but I didn't know anything about the role. When I pointed this out, she made it clear that I couldn't ask questions but needed to save them for the "real" interview. This was not made clear at the beginning of the call or when invited for the interview. I was told I would hear back in about a week. I followed up but no reply. I think the issue is that a 3rd party "HR" is handling their mass hiring process and they are not organized. Very poor experience.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Started of with HR call which had to be rescheduled couple of times at last minute and then had a phone interview with hiring manger(went over resume and couple of marketing questions) and after that had a 4 hour Microsoft teams interview with 4 different managers (looks like company wanted to save money to fly out),again mostly marketing analytics questions were asked with SQL programming .

After couple of follow ups HR mentioned they were moving with other candidate.i just feel they are not
    serious about hiring process .

Interview Questions

• Mostly direct mail and email marketing modeling questions,SQL   Answer Question

Interview

2 rounds of interview phone and onsite. Process was straight forward. Interview was average .
    it was not hard. People interviewing were friendly. Do not remember exact questions. they asked generic questions about from end/javascript in particular

Interview Questions

• generic questions about from end/javascript in particular   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

It was 1x1 phone interview. The interviewer seemed very disinterested about the interview from the beginning and it was very disappointing. The interviewer made negative assumptions and inappropriate remarks about doing my own business rather than working a regular job - probably not fond of people who had to be away from regular job for reasons (can be health or education or family) and get back on the market.

Interview Questions

• What was the most successful and memorable projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I recently had a gatekeeper interview with an internal recruiter for a creative director job that would be developing ad campaigns for their Shutterfly and TinyPrints brands. The woman I spoke with was delightful but ultimately the job paid far less than I would accept.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for in terms of compensation?   1 Answer

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Interview Process was fairly standard.

1. Technical Screening with recruiter
    2. Video interview with 2 engineers
    3. 2 hour in person interview
               - 1 hour with 6 engineers
               - 30 mins with VP of IT
               - 30 mins with senior team manager

Process took about a month. After my 2 hour in person interview I waited about 2 weeks and finally reached out to them after not hearing anything. They said they had decided to close the position without filling it.

Interview Questions

• Solve problems on whiteboard and other relatively general java/spring/REST/SQL questions.   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had the best interview process with Shutterfly. They were super transparent and quick. I had a phone call with the recruiter and then a call with the wonderful hiring manager the next week. I was soon brought onsite to do interviews with the team. They got back to me very quickly (:

Interview Questions

• What would be the next step once a consumer has purchased on a email stream?   Answer Question

Shutterfly Response

18 Jun 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing this feedback. I apologize for the disorganized manner of the process and the experience that you had. Your interest in Shutterfly and the time you spent with us is valued. Please contact me directly at Peggy.Anderson@Shutterfly.com so we can chat and get more details around your experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.