Netflix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Netflix Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of several rounds, with the goal of determining both technical skill and ability to operate within Netflix' unique culture:

-Initial recruiter phone screen
    -Conversation with hiring manager
    -Technical interview
    -Team interviews (6 interviews, including 1 logistical & 1 HR)
    -Director level interviews (3 interviews)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received extremely difficult feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

7 rounds, 4 technical 3 behavior
    technical was not hard , but behavior is very hard
    was very tired after the interview

7 rounds, 4 technical 3 behavior
    technical was not hard , but behavior is very hard
    was very tired after the interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Contacted directly with hiring manager. They sent me a programming assignment (project). Delivered one week later. The team analyzed it and decided no go.
    It was a positive experience, but I couldn't reach to other teams after. The project was team specific, I believe I deserved a chance with other teams.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Applied online for a position that I matched perfectly for. Decided to try Netflix since they essentially pay cash. Talked with the hiring manager and got a good sense of what he wanted and we were on the same wavelength as I have solved the exact same problems he was going through. Was immediately granted a technical interview. Technical interview was basically showing a splice of his code with no explanation and told to improve it - basically, just guess what he wanted with no information. Perhaps the worst technical interviewer I have ever had this side of the one guy who didn't know what a perfect binary tree was.

Interview Questions

• Basically presented his own code from his own job bubble, based on an obscure Java feature, with virtually no explanation on what the code was. Basically this question was "how would you improve this" - "this" being a Java feature that hardly anyone knows and I was not prepped for, that contained 4 custom functions, with no documentation or class files to describe those functions. He basically assumed you could guess what functions could do by the name (which you couldn't). And clarifying questions were not clarifying. Questions were answered with "it's not like that" with no further explanation. Interviewer clearly lived in his own world and just expected you to know his code. He clearly never got trained on how to interview, and was quite amateurish. No one could have gotten this. I believe this job is still being advertised after a year....shocking! I lost all respect for Netflix after this interview. I think the recruiter basically knew that the interviewer was useless and said to contact her again if there's a better match. Yeah, I lost all respect for Netflix after this. I'll pass. Compare this with a Google or Facebook, where they got it down to a science.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter who said they would forward me to a hiring manager. After two weeks of silence, they emailed saying they didn't want to move forward. No explanation given, and ignored my questions. Very poor candidate experience, and speaks poorly to what it would be like to work there

payment ops Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

best interview, they were good people, there were no behavioral questions, They wanted to get to know who I was and brought up culture and how I exercise or plan to. They were really down to earth and organic. If you have any questions as them beforehand and make sure they are a good fit as well.

Interview Questions

• mostly background questions and previous experience
      some technical payment questions, they give real scenarios they are working on to get to see how you solve and puzzle around them   4 Answers

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process centers on a Recruiter pre-screening for Culture fit, 2nd round panelist in person interview between 4-5 different people within the department and partnering departments , 3rd round executive level interviews .

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to an employee, or had to have a difficult conversation with an employee.   1 Answer
    • What type of a leader would you consider yourself to be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a technical issue but had to explain the resolution to an executive.   1 Answer
    • Case studies- prepare for case studies in your subject area.   1 Answer
    • Study the culture memo, be prepared to ask questions, challenge it, examine where your weakness and strengths lie with respect to the Netflix values   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied online, Recruiter reached out to me,
    She was almost 15 (!) min late for our call and didn't even apologies.
    From the first second she seemed uninterested and was very short and rude.
    We went over my resume and she asked me some questions, my answers were to the point and my experience was very relevant.
    I did not move to the next stage, and I will never apply again, such a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume and experience   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix in April 2020.

Interview

-First was a call with a recruiter where he went over the culture memo. In particular he wanted to make sure I read the "Dream Team" section. It's public if you're curious.

-Next I had a call with the hiring manager. She asked the same question in different ways on why I wanted to work at Netflix, I guess she really wanted me to sell why I wanted to work there. She asked technical questions like how do I test performance of my services and I explained we have a performance engineering team that tests every release and sends me the results but she was very critical of me not doing performance tests myself.

-Received an email from the recruiter saying they weren't moving forward in the interview process

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

On time . Easy to do. Virtual meeting. Great experience overall. Not much else to say really. Got information regarding the position as well as a rough time line as to when they would be needed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.