Netflix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Netflix Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email one week later scheduling phone interview. Phone interview lasted twenty minutes. Interviewer commented that I did not have enough experience for the position. Did not receive any further communication from the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Netflix?   5 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with an HR member. It was a brief 30min conversation with standard questions about Netflix. 2nd round was a Skype meeting with the hiring manager; 30min call with case like questions. 3rd round I was invited on site for a couple of interviews with people based in the US office (I was applying for a position overseas). Same case like questions and each interview took 30min. For the 4th round I was invited to their LA office for a full day of interviews. I had five 30min conversations and if successful I would be invited to the 5th round with a couple of VPs. I did well and managed to go to the 5th round. Then I talked with with VP and this is it.
    The next day I received a call during the morning from the HR saying that I wasn't a good fit for the position because I don't have some skills required for the position.

Leadership Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix in February 2013.

Interview

The phone interview took 30 minutes and the questions were normal for a first interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and setup a phone screen. Process is pretty straight forward. Phone screen questions where not too difficult, but went into details about technologies itself like what does HBase do, how it internally works etc

Interview Questions

• Given 2D array of integers, where 1st index of each array is root node in a tree, 2nd index of each array is roots children, 3rd index of each array is 2nd levels children and so on, build an n-ary tree   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

I was contacted by a Netflix HR rep via linkedin. I followed up, spoke to the HR person, and then had a phone interview with a technical manager. I passed that initial phone-screen, but declined the on-site interview when I realized that all Netflix employees work on-site in Los Gatos, CA, and I would have had to relocate.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview covered some simple algorithmic questions - what is the complexity of lookup/insert for a linked list? A hash table? We talked through the computation of Fibonacci numbers.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

I applied for the role online as I figured I've got a good background for it. Indeed, I got an email from a recruiter who called me afterwards and set me up with a phone screen. Both phone screens were very pleasant and professional. I was asked a lot of questions about my background and some general multimedia programming related questions which were fair all in all. After a few days I was asked to build a small framework which can show my coding skills and understanding of the subject. The suggested deadline was 6 days afterwards. I was happy to take the project however due to a stressful project I had at my job I asked for an extension. To which I was answered: "Ok, but please take into account that we're interviewing other candidates at the same time and we might progress with them". I gave it my best efforts and put anywhere from 15-20 hours into building and testing my solution and was able to submit it one day before the suggested deadline. According to my understanding the hiring manager was happy with my implementation as a recruiter called me in order to coordinate an in person interview day and schedule flights and accommodation for the trip. Needless to say I was happy when I received the suggested itinerary. However, 10 minutes after receiving the email I received a phone call from the recruiter who told me that while the team would be happy to meet me, they are already in advanced stages with an another candidate so it wouldn't be a good use of my time to make the trip. I just felt rather uneasy since I totally played by Netflix's rules and despite that I feel like I wasn't given a fair chance eventually. I feel that the hiring process was unprofessional and unethical in my case.

Interview Questions

• Implement this relatively big framework in a short time period especially given that I've got a full time job as it is.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

they are very responsive. Great team with a unique culture. The interview was scheduled with 5 mini interviews with 5 different employees

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between normalization and de-normalization? What are the pros and cons of each strategy?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Netflix in May 2013.

Interview

The initial interview with the HR was great. The process was explained and the next interview was scheduled soon after the HR interview. The Engineer who interviewed me called late (this happens in many companies). It was a skype interview and the interviewer kept yawning throughout the interview. Overall the experience was ok. The questions asked were not to hard.

Interview Questions

• Questions relate to linked list, hash table and Algorithmic complexity.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and upon sending them my resume they scheduled 30 minutes call where they explained about Nexflix and its culture. After that they scheduled a 45 minutes phone interview. After the phone interview they asked me for an In-Person interview which was scheduled with 4 people. A hiring manager, 2 senior developers and one QA engineer.

Interview Questions

• Not any specific. They were checking more on scripting and SQL skills.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the company, and given links to Reed Hastings' famous Powerpoint deck about how Netflix is managed. I'd recommend reading this before talking to them, not just so you are more familiar with how things are done in Los Gatos, but because you will be asked to give your thoughts on this during the initial screening.

The screening was nothing unusual, though it focused more on how you'd fit in with the company culture than the usual; it's clearly very important for Netflix.

Interview Questions

• How would you put together a team?   3 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.