Zillow Reviews

Found 1,094 of over 1,180 reviews

4.2
Zillow CEO Rich Barton
Rich Barton
Pros
  • "They have a great work-life balance(in 124 reviews)

• "Great company with great benefits(in 73 reviews)

• Cons
  • "none / work-life balance is great and the stock is great too(in 20 reviews)

• "Then upper management says asks why security hasn't solved for X problem(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Zillow… Simply the BEST!

Sep 3, 2020 - Zillow Offers Advisor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Zillow for about a year and a half working in one of the newest divisions; Zillow Offers. I have experienced nothing but positive since joining this amazing company. The support we receive and the overall synergy and atmosphere is simply amazing. I have never experienced anything like this before. When I was first hired, the excitement to work for such an amazing brand was overwhelming and I can honestly say, they have lived up to their brand. Perfection. With everything going on in the world and Covid-19, no one was laid off. That was HUGE. When our division stopped buying homes, they found work for us in other departments and on other projects to keep us employed. The people are amazing. The benefits are amazing. I am truly happy here and would recommend Zillow to everyone!

Cons

I do not have any cons. I love it there. Zillow... is the best!

25 people found this review helpful

Zillow Response

Zillow

COVID - 19 has presented many challenges in our personal and professional lives. There are place too where it has created opportunity. One of the things we've be intentional about is thinking about how we use this as an opportunity to ensure employees continue to find ways to contribute and grow. Thanks for sharing your feedback. It does mean a lot to us to hear that the experience employees have lives up to their expectations. -VP, Recruiting

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work and dedication are not appreciated

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of paid holidays other benefits aren’t as good as they used to be.

Cons

Promotion opportunities are few and far between and are not based on work performance just who they like more.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, but undervalues their IT team

Jul 15, 2021 - IT Support Specialist I in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their benefits and pay are amazing. You will make good money and be decently taken care of. They still have a startup mentality so everyone is apparently valuable.

Cons

They're growing too fast and are having to shake the start up mentality. The IT team is great but needed more people to manage the overwhelming amount of work. There are glaring issues that have been needing a fix for years and have been promised a fix. No fixes have happened and I doubt they'll come any time soon.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Smart Colleagues, Great Benefits

Jul 21, 2021 - Government Relations Manager in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zillow moved to allow a majority of their employees to permanently work full-time remote. They also offer unlimited vacation time and signing bonuses for some positions. The work is rewarding and I get to work with really smart and thoughtful colleagues across the company.

Cons

The volume of internal meetings can be counterproductive.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top tier compensation for high performing sales people.

Cons

Can be competitive and challenging if you aren't meeting performance expectations.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting product, but too much eng work required

Jul 16, 2021 - Senior Applied Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Zillow is a great website, tons of users and interesting data and problems to solve. Remote-first company even post-pandemic.

Cons

In the applied science role there is more engineering work required than I expected. It's hard to focus on science when solving eng issues. Stock refresher grants are lower than expected so 4-year cliff is a major concern. CEO:IC pay ratio seems too far out of balance; ICs don't have enough stock and we get jealous of our peers at pre-IPO companies: Zillow's stock went sky high last year but IC's feel left out.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and grow

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the environment and ability to continue to grow with dedication and time. Awesome benefits. Great sense of belonging and lots of internal opportunities to learn about the company as a whole.

Cons

Not many other than there is always a push to do more and try and exceed the day before which is both exciting and daunting at times.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Healthy Work Environment

Jul 26, 2021 - Client Engagement Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team building, education, and benefits.

Cons

none that I can think of

9. 5.0

Love it!!!

Jul 22, 2021 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything!! The work/life balance is amazing and the perks can't be beat

Cons

I have no complaints about working for this company

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome place to work

Jul 23, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams to work with, super friendly

Cons

Remote work can feel a bit lonely

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,094 Reviews