T-Mobile Reviews

4.0
T-Mobile President and CEO Mike Sievert
Mike Sievert
1,436 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great job great benefits fun place to work(in 1206 reviews)

• "Great pay for entry level people(in 522 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not easy to have a work life balance(in 321 reviews)

• "Sometimes can get conflicting directions from upper management(in 239 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company to work for

Mar 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and "green days" to work on training courses online, team activities for teambuilding, excellent benefits including up to a 10% yearly bonus (merit-based), tuition reimbursement, extra insurance options besides health insurance (pet insurance, free life insurance up to 1.5x yearly salary), stock purchase options and yearly stock award to each employee. One of my favorite benefits is job swaps - so long as your manager clears it, you can swap jobs with an employee from another related department for up to a couple months to gain insight and experience into what the other department does from day to day. I left my last company as it had become a bad environment, and after joining with T-Mobile I realized it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. There are very few days where I wake up not wanting to go to work, and I learn something new every day. When I come across a process I'm not familiar with, my teammates are more than happy to provide on-the-spot training, or schedule a time that works for both of us to do so. Above all, the managers set you up to succeed rather than to fail - they want you to do well, and do everything in their power to make sure you have the tools to do well.

Cons

There's some of the same political bs that any company has, but my team has two excellent managers that make work enjoyable. There are a couple personality issues within the team, as happens with any job, but overall everyone gets along. As far as training goes, there wasn't a whole ton initially (though I believe it's more due to the nature of the job - it's impossible to condense everything into a couple week training course).

180 people found this review helpful

T-Mobile Response

Associate Program Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this -- we love hearing how much you love coming to work! Your words were spot on when you said your team wants you to "do well". That's exactly what we want for all of our team members! The nature of our business is constantly changing and we know how important it is to provide good benefits and equip you with the training and development you need to be successful. We're glad you're taking full advantage of all of it. As we continue to grow and evolve, so will our training and tools. If you ever feel like you're not getting enough of what you need, though, talk it over with your manager and they'll help you get back on track. Thanks again for your feedback and your dedication to T-Mobile. -- T-Mobile Careers Team

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

From UnCarrier to DoneCarrier

Jul 23, 2021 - Senior Tech Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job, pays moderately ok, benefits are pretty incredible

Cons

- little room for advancement anymore - removes entire departments and positions out of nowhere, happened several times over the last 5 years - the company seems to make decisions and changes and ends up never actually training you or giving any insight to explain to customers (looking at the merger, still know no semantics especially in regards to the network) - seems as if all decisions are revenue based instead of experience focused. - seems insanely disconnected from the decisions it’s making and actual customer needs - becoming inbound sales. You are pushed and pushed HARD to add things to people’s accounts. Nearly every hours you hear “who’s adding the next line? Who’s adding insurance?” And if you don’t, you are disciplined. - lack of care for any department that isn’t customer care. Tech hasn’t heard anything from senior leadership in years and the quality of the position is exponentially decreasing at this point.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Perks at T-mobile

Jul 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

T-mobile keeps their employees the happiest and a super flexible company to work for . I would have to say the most flexible thus far.

Cons

T-MOBILE, has a great way of making sure their employees are happy, however they can make it very hard to work with the customers due to their policies and rules. Understand there are policies for every company, however, some of them make it harder for the employee to explain to the customer which can lead to conflicts the end up defeating the purpose of policy.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay job

Jul 28, 2021 - Account Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

Steady hours, bonuses, commission, PTO availability, leadership is accessible, benefits, recognition for good performance, plenty of training so you’re prepared.

Cons

Stressful, customers will yell at you and make no sense half the time. Some customers don’t understand anything about their phones but still wanna tell you how to do your job. Also, if you’re a woman, you will constantly have random male customers call you things like, “Baby, babe, mama, love, sweetheart” etc… it’s gross.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s coo

Jul 28, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay without bonus currently working from home so that’s great always opportunities too move up in the company Great pay without bonus currently working from home so that’s great always opportunities too move up in the company

Cons

Bonus structure makes no sense Get cussed out daily Gotta hit stats make sure you take enough calls Not enough pay for everything we gotta do Basically in fear of your job everyday

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Apr 14, 2021 - Mobile Expert in Bronx, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

T-Mobile has a strong culture that encourages innovation, accountability, and diversity. The company offers countless benefits and perks that aim to improve quality of life . It is a large, well managed company with plenty of opportunities and resources to grow and develop within any chosen career path.

Cons

Although the compensation is competitive overall within the industry and there are various incentive programs included, the commission structure in the retail stores has diminished over the last several years. Individual compensation is much more dependent on overall store performance, and veteran sales associates find themselves having to sell significantly more to make the same amount of money they were originally making. T-Mobile has had a fairly ambiguous role of Mobile Expert “Key Holder” in the retail stores. Expectations for the role vary based on the store or manager you’re working with. However, the role in general demands additional responsibilities and you are expected to be a sales leader as well as support for the overall staff. Often you are required to fill in the role of a manager when one is not present. Although taking on a leadership role will help to establish your qualifications for a potential promotion, certain tasks and responsibilities will often affect the ability to sell, which affect your overall commission. If you agree to take on this position with the added responsibilities, there is no additional pay, incentive, or bonus structure offered.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work!

Jul 5, 2021 - Mobile Expert in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has been there for me from the beginning. It's all about diversity, equity down inc