Paycom Reviews

4.2
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,478 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding

Oct 26, 2021 - Human Resources Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees and career development

Cons

needs to have more diversity program programs that allow employees to connect

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the opportunities offered at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Opportunity

Oct 24, 2021 - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am constantly pushed to be better because of the highly talented individuals on my team and leaders who give you the tools to be successful but hold you accountable! I have grown so much professionally and the earning potential is pretty ridiculous and not something that I thought was possible in a sales position. Top performers at Paycom can make over 500K-600K+ a year and even reps that finish top half can earn 200-300K pretty easily after making Exec. rep. So much of this job is putting in the work and executing day in and day out on the little things! I also really enjoy working with leaders at other organizations by helping them solve problems by using our technology!

Cons

If you don't like being required to hit metrics, cold calling and hunting for business within your assigned territory this is not the job for you. You have to be agile as this is a technology company who moves quickly in the market and you have to be able to learn fast and learn often!

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience! We're excited to hear you're enjoying the many aspects of working for quickly growing company.

3. 5.0

It is great

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love it and it is a great culture

Cons

treat you like babies always

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Paycom is the place to be!!

Oct 20, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom is a company that is ever evolving and growing and the list of pros is just that as well! Paycom values their employees and it shines through each day. Catered (multiple) lunch options daily, phenomenal benefits, great pay, parking garages, gym, outside park, locations across the country for differing roles, endless list of roles to choose from to make sure you find the best fit, and tons of resources with little to no cost! I could list so many more, but I think you get the gist. I also want to brag on how Paycom handled the pandemic. Within days of the pandemic, they had built resources to move employees to work remotely, and played it very smart before brining anyone back. They are even continuing to be strategic in what are the safest opportunities to have employees in office. My time with Paycom has not been nearly as long as some of my peers, however, I have been given the trust and opportunity to be in a leadership role. They work to promote within and not hold anyone back. I have never felt so fulfilled in a career as I do now! I am so eager to see Paycom continue to grow and can't wait for the journey!

Cons

The only con that comes to mind, is that I believe there needs to be some thought into restructuring some roles that currently have more on their plate than time in the day.

Paycom Representative

We love to hear you’re enjoying the many benefits Paycom has to offer and appreciate you sharing your experience! Thank you for the 5-star review.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Software Developer Summer Internship Review

Oct 18, 2021 - Software Developer Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun projects - Great Mentors - Treated as an actual developer - Lots of training

Cons

No flexible hours; couldn't come in early to finish early.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited to hear of your experience and we wish you the best.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Company to start your career in

Oct 18, 2021 - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Onboarding procedures. Great mentoring provided after you get assigned a team.

Cons

No Cons that I have faced.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited to hear you're enjoying your career at Paycom. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Longevity & Financial Freedom!

Oct 11, 2021 - Executive Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dallas sales team is a great combination of highly tenured & highly motivated reps, helpful, full of amazing resources, and high energy. If you want to work in a growing market, alongside teammates who have fun winning, Dallas team is definitely it! I am also thankful for our awesome manager, who pushes us to success!

Cons

not the team, if you aren't passionate about being number one

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your career at Paycom.

8. 5.0

Limitless career

Oct 4, 2021 - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

MONEY. GROWTH. PEOPLE. GIVING BACK. *read on for my story* When I started at Paycom I was in debt and never could have imagined where I would be 3 years later. I am a debt free home owner thanks to uncapped commission and life changing president's club stock awards I have earned. Above and beyond the money- I have grown TREMENDOUSLY as an individual. I have learned about every industry out there, I know how to relate to c levels of large businesses, and I am still growing every single day. I am also able to give back in big ways to the causes I care about and that is one of the more fulfilling parts of what I do now. I am grateful for the opportunity to sell the best, most innovative product in the market and have a limitless career in the process! I have met some of the best people I know at Paycom. We do quarterly sales trainings in Dallas so I have formed lifelong friendships all across the country. Paycom also only promotes leaders from within, so I am hopeful I will have the opportunity to lead a sales team of my own in the near future!

Cons

This is not a BDR to AE type of position- we work the entire sales pipeline from prospecting to close. There is a tremendous amount of ownership that goes into sales role where you are getting into and working your own deals. Another con that comes to mind is the taxes due to commission and stock awards.

4 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're thrilled you're enjoying your career at Paycom and appreciate you sharing your experience.

9. 5.0

Dream Job

Sep 29, 2021 - Business Process Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and development opportunities. Amazing benefits. Leadership on all levels show strong dedication to continuous improvement.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge for certain departments during periods of peak business.

5 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy you're enjoying the benefits and career opportunities at Paycom. We appreciate you a part of the team!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 15, 2021 - IT Networking in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Pay Opportunity Great people to work with

Cons

Nothing to really say here of value.

Paycom Representative

We're thrilled that you have shared your Paycom experience! We have achieved all of our success thanks to our hard-working employees like yourself, and we couldn't appreciate you more. Thank you for being a part of the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,014 Reviews