University of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at University of Michigan

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 461 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

Application submitted online. Called for Onsite interview. Had to give presentation. Meet collaborators, gradate students. Visit labs and interact with other faculties. Was introduced to what is currently done in the group and go over the projects I will be working on.

Interview Questions
  • talk about the projects that you have done
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

Normal interview, zoom with professors and they ask about your experience, interests, etc. focusing on previous research experience, especially if it's within the area. Idk this is standard for grad interviews.

Interview Questions
University of Michigan
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

University of Michigan College of Engineering interview - interesting behavioral questions. Very easy, just trying to get to know you, your goals and interests. Talked about why Michigan engineering and my HS activities.

Interview Questions
University of Michigan
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

Sent an email to the administrator and asked a few questions via email. Easy to get the offer. will notify you before the semester start. Need patient for grading job though.

Interview Questions
University of Michigan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

I had to give a presentation and met with all the lab members. Everyone was really nice. It was a great interview, and a great institution. Also got a tour of the campus and research labs

Interview Questions
  • Questions specific to my research and methods
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first one is a phone call with my direct supervisors, and the second one is an onsite interview with the same people on the phone call.

Interview Questions
  • Questions are more behavioral questions include how did you solve a technical problem?
  • Have you ever had a conflict with others in your teamwork?
Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)

Interview

One of your interviews will be a group interview where they just want to gauge how you work on a team. The other one is a one on one with their hiring staff, who will also be your bosses at the actual camp. At the One on One they will ask you about yourself and see your responses to questions they sent you before the interview. You also present a personal showcase which can be anything from; a song about yourself that you sing, to a presentation about how you would run your area better. That is your chance to get creative and show a piece of yourself. They value fun, hardworking staff.

Interview Questions
  • Personal Showcase- Please prepare a three-minute “Personal Showcase” for the interview process. A personal showcase could include a personal talent, a portfolio demonstrating a specific skill, a creative introduction... please let your creativity and personality show! This is your opportunity to show us something we would not typically see in an interview – show us what you can bring to make the Summer a little different for our campers. Feel free to bring props, instruments, etc. or media, visual aids, etc. Each candidate will be asked to present their personal showcase at the beginning of their interview and it will serve as an opportunity to be unforgettable to the selection committee!
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

Interviewed by two managers. Heard back the same day with an offer. They are looking for a reliable employee who is a team player. The whole process took about two weeks for me. This time frame may also depend on the position or department you are applying to.

Interview Questions
University of Michigan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Korea
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Michigan (South Korea)

Interview

The interview process went by smoothly. The interviewer asked me questions about why I applied for the position. He also asked me what I am expecting to get out of it.

Interview Questions
University of Michigan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Michigan (United States)

Interview

Panel interview. A host and variety of questions were asked starting from history, experience, strengths, weaknesses, plans for the future coupled with examples from visits. Interest regarding furthering education and what are the plans if doing so.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and why chaplaincy?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 461 Interviews