University of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at University of Chicago

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 267 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

The interview was a very sloppy affair. They called me without warning that I was considered for the job, less that I was going to be interviewed right there on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us more about yourself.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)

Interview

The interview is pretty straightforward. Asked to describe my academic past experience; sharing the teaching experience; went though the proposed courses that I may be able to teach. No abnormal questions you would expect.

Interview Questions
University of Chicago
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

Smooth and easy process, quick turnaround and responsive. information provided via phone and in person. Apply through the general website and may be interviewed by department too depending on the job you selected.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position? Why are you leaving your last job?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

The process is multi-tiered and ending with whomever is the highest ranking person who will supervise your work. Very nice people, although a bit too U Chicago pleasant, but someone with a friendly professional demeanor will do fine there.

Interview Questions
  • They will have you speak with another researcher to get a sense of how you think about research.
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2021

Interview

Panel style interviews. Three different and consecutive panel interviews. 1st interview: Head of Department and Clinical research managers and coordinators. 2nd Interview: Senior data managers. 3rd Interview: Junior data managers.

Interview Questions
  • Provide specific examples of how you tackled stressful situations. They will ask you about previous experience and how it can fit into your current role. Provide specific examples of what you bring to your knew position with skills from your past experince.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

Sending a Resume and an online interview. Followed by a data exercise. Present the results of the exercise. It is about market implied volatility density function and visualized it using python

Interview Questions
University of Chicago
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

The University of Chicago is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1890, its main campus is located in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood. It enrolled 16,445 students in Fall 2019, including 6,286 undergraduates and 10,159 graduate students.

Interview Questions
University of Chicago
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2020

Interview

Asked about research experience and education. Casual and very friendly. It was a zoom meeting due to the virus. The interview was set via email and had a very quick reply. Zoom link and everything was sent prior.

Interview Questions
  • What questions do you have for me? What experiments and protocol did you do in your research projects?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

They use a 3rd party recruiting service (Hueman Your RPO Partner) that is extremely unprofessional. The recruiter was a) late to my call b) didn't know what position he was interviewing me for c) clearly had not reviewed my resume prior to speaking to me. Was told by him that I would move onto the next round and would hear back within a week. A month has gone by and never heard back from him - with multiple follow up emails sent and no response. I'm sure the University has higher standards, but Hueman Your RPO Partner 3rd party recruiting is a mess. I would not take too much time to prepare as they don't even know what they are hiring for. He took zero time to prepare for my call.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my resume because he had never seen it prior to setting up the call.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Chicago (United States)

Interview

Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to e-mails. Was asked to come in for an interview and to allow about and to allow about 1 hour. It ended up taking over 2 hours. I interviewed in a conference room with 3 staff members, one of which never looked at me, even after addressing me directly. Was told that I would hear back within about 2 weeks. After 3 weeks I received no response, and reached out to the recruiter to ask for an update. I was told that candidates were still being interviewed and I would likely hear back within a couple weeks, but I never received communication after that.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 267 Interviews