Massey University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Massey University Interview Questions

Interviews at Massey University

2.9

Senior Lecturer Interview

Interview

Panel interview with hiring committee via Skype followed by on-campus visit over two days. Process was pretty standard and there wasn't anything really out of the ordinary. Things moved a bit slowly in terms of waiting for the committees to do their thing. Was well-treated during my interview, but think things are a bit more stressful for current interviewees in terms of being rushed around and squeezing everything in.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard issue stuff about teaching preferences, research plans, knowledge of treaty of Waitangi.   Answer Question

Music Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview tool olace mainly over the internet. We were contacted after I expressed an interest in fininding work outside of my usual. From there it was more of a who you know kind of process as my old tutor was also working in the teaching position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Massey University.

Interview

Email contact was established before engaging in a Skype interview with the Principal Investigator (PI). The interviews process was pretty standard with both non-technical and technical questions, mostly to determine thought processes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to pursue this position and what are your plans five to ten years from now?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massey University (Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Automated email for interview with no phone call. Attended. Three person panel. Unfriendly. Many questions about experience. Clearly very unhappy bunch. They were unhappy and I knew if they offered me the job I wouldn't take it

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massey University (Auckland, Auckland) in January 2018.

Interview

The candidate has to present oral presentation and will have two rounds of interview for not less than 3 hours in total.I have to be present for the interview process in person in all stages of the interview.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massey University (Geneva (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

You have to write a research proposal before the interview. The re recruiter will go through the proposal and your CV and ask questions. The questions were basically technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What analytical skills had you used?   1 Answer
    • What would you do when you are stressed.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Massey University in February 2015.

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing the candidates. They will ask both general and technical questions. I listed the general questions below. For technical questions, they will give you different scenarios and ask what you would do. after the interview, they will contact you after the next two weeks to inform you their decisions.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massey University.

Interview

After 2 months, I received a call, and had an interview with a lecturer (in person) and a would-be colleage (via skype)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You accept where you are placed on the scale salary.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massey University (Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by two supervisors/professors. The interview was casual but informative and felt like an encouraging conversation instead of a nerve-wracking interrogation. We discussed my experience regarding forestry and life cycle assessment (i.e. the key attributes of the agencies that provided the PhD scholarship funding), my aspirations for pursuing a PhD, my career development path, any weaknesses or areas for improvement in forestry and life cycle assessment, etc. I was also offered a chance to ask the supervisors/professors any questions which I did as this showed my preparation for the interview. I asked them about where they felt most optimistic (regarding the fields of forestry and life cycle assessment) and where they felt these fields needed urgent attention.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do a PhD?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.