Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Interviews at Kinder Morgan

2.7

Accountant Interview

Interview

Thorough and pleasant. What you would expect from an interview. Good question. Not sure about culture. Nothing was concerning found them flexible and understanding. Seemed like a good opportunity and interesting challenges described.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashtabula, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Ashtabula, OH (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

asked to do a 1:1 interview at one of their terminals. I told him I was still in school and that his position was immediate hire position. Told me he’ll keep my resume on file and that any future position hell keep my name in mind.

Interview Questions

• asked when I can come in for an interview.   1 Answer

Terminal Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was about 30 mins long. Square table with 2 people interviewing. Dress causal. dress shirt tucked in, khakis or nice denim. Mostly behavioral questions. Pretty easy interview like any other .

Interview Questions

• What will benefit us if we hire you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      They ask you about your previous job experience and mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (College Station, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was great! Recruiter was very warm and welcoming. He extended his contact info even before the offer was given. He continued to stay in contact and kept me updated throughout the recruitment process as well. The questions that were asked during the interview were relevant to the job position that I applied for. Overall, the experience was definitely a learning experience and I am glad that I decided to interview with the company!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my strengths and weaknesses in dealing with conflict.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in September 2019.

Interview

Very easy behavioral-based questions leading to what I could contribute to the company Easy questions and positive experience. The interviewer was very knowledgable about his position with the company and very forthcoming with advice. It was a nice conversation

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked to accomplish a difficult task with no guidance   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in April 2019.

Interview

Had phone interview with facilities manager that went well and was offered a second interview. The second interview never happened because they decided to hire from within. I was not notified until a month after that decision which is unprofessional at best.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you were faced with at work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Charleston, SC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening w/ HR followed by subsequent in-person interview w/ senior financial analyst & finance manager. Once I made it through this round, the final interview was w/ finance director, finance manager, & HR manager. Overall positive experience interviewing w/ the finance director & finance manager; they were both pleasant people that I would've enjoyed working with. Only downside is the office is in a weird building & this position would share a tiny office with the senior financial analyst.

On the other hand, Kinder Morgan HR was very difficult to work with. All communication prior to receiving an offer from KMI was positive. During the first phone screen, we discussed salary expectations, where we both agreed on a rough number that KMI could offer. After going through three rounds of interviews (where significant interest was shown from both side of the table), I received an offer that was offensive to be quite honest. The offer was $15k lower than initially discussed, and once I expressed disappointment & confusion, the HR manager came back with another offer that was $2k higher than the initial offer. When I asked for an explanation as to why the offer was so low, I was told that this was "the best Kinder Morgan can do" and that they (verbatim) "weren't going to get into a p*ssing match" with me. This was honestly the most unprofessional and disrespectful communication I've ever engaged in with someone who is supposed to be in charge of the company's future employees. I sent emails to them because I wanted to have the reasoning for the low offer in writing; however, they refused to communicate via email, and would only communicate with me over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where I was challenged by an executive, and how I dealt with it.   1 Answer

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Carteret, NJ (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I went through a JMO headhunter. After the initial hiring conference, Kinder Morgan brought me out to their terminal site in Carteret, NJ. They were very thorough, personal, and professional. They took two days to give tours of the local facilities and conducted interviews on the last day. The interview was a board interview and wasn't stressful at all. They were very interested in my background and my interest in the company. It was a very good experience all around.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

I was sent an email to set up a interview I called and was told “ I am not handling the interviews” ( the same person who sent me the email). They said they didn’t want to “step on the toes” of the person interviewing, gave me their number, I called left a message and never got a call back

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager, then SKYPE interview with hiring manager, departing manager, HR and someone who didn't identify themselves. Then face-to-face with VP. Meeting with VP was a waste of time: they were not prepared for my 1:00 pm interview. They were 45 minutes late: this gave me less than 15 minutes with VP who had to leave for another meeting at 2:00. . They spent over $800 on a plane flight for nothing. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.