PointClickCare Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated 17 Oct 2019

4.1
PointClickCare CEO Mike Wessinger
Mike Wessinger
Pros
  • "The leadership team really takes the time to understand our needs and provide a workplace environment that supports the employee’s work life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "An awesome family oriented work environment with many advancement opportunities(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I can think of right now(in 16 reviews)

• "Because the company is growing so fast, we're not always as efficient or as structured as a more mature organization would be(in 12 reviews)

1. "Embrace "Work Hard Play Hard""

Current Employee - Systems & Analytics Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company with a real vision and mission you can be proud to contribute to Invested, visible leadership group Solid base pay Subsidized cafeteria On-site gym

Cons

Slightly lower bonus target at middle management

Advice to Management

Slow down to speed up

PointClickCare2019-10-11
  2. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve never experienced a company like this. Simply the best.

Cons

It is too early for me to find one.

Advice to Management

Keep support employees as you do.

PointClickCare2019-10-06
  3. "Great vision tarnished by bizarre HR practices"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Great origin story, the work helps real people, unlimited vacation, great office setting, Cafe is amazing

Cons

Terrible pay if you're anything but a software dev, bonuses are a joke, RRSP matching is a joke, if you have issues with your job or your manager HR will not help, a gym is great but no time to use it, too many projects on timelines that were too short with too few resources, everyone on earth has to approve everything which bogs down decision making, spend too much time explaining yourself or entertaining ideas... from people that have no background in what it is you do, the year-end review process is the most bizarre thing I've ever been a part of where the entire department weighs in on everyone else and bonuses/raises are handed out based on feelings rather than concrete accomplishments

Advice to Management

If you want the best talent, like you claim you do, you have to pay people money to stay...so-called "benefits" do not replace cash. This was founded as a great company, keep focusing on helping people because that's what you're good at.

PointClickCare2019-10-18
  4. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Mississauga, ON

I worked at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture throughout the organization

Cons

Nothing outside of normal issues in large company

PointClickCare2019-10-13

"Does not appreciate the Value of the Individual"

Current Employee - Lead In Engineering Department in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Supportive Environment, Empowered Teams, Approachable People, Good Location, Likeable CEO & President

Cons

We have worked hard and given years to earn the 'Lead' in our title and in one meeting, one day we all get demoted and it reduces our individual value and marketability. They are saying that it empowers teams BUT our teams are already empowered! Our teams are already good and supportive...except now we are stripped of our titles that we earned and is now being taken away from us. I don't see this as fair. Is... this a way to try to reduce our marketability so that PointClickCare can gain an edge in the employment market? What more is there to come? Is this part of a bigger plan to devalue employees more? Why doesn't management empower themselves and change their title to all Supervisors? Isn't that the same logic? Aside from the above, We often don't know who to approach for specific needs (Don't know who is responsible) and have talk to several people and send several messages to get to them which causes a delay to get things done.

Advice to Management

Understand that impact of your decisions on individuals in their career. This is so important. This recent change is causing mixed feelings all around.

PointClickCare2019-09-21
  6. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Strong Management Team -Great Company Culture

Cons

I do not really have anything negative to say. Best company I have worked for.

PointClickCare2019-09-13
  7. "Simply the best"

Current Employee - N/A in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Culture: very open and collaborative company culture. It's evident how passionate everyone is about truly making an impact on people's lives within the senior living market. - Autonomy - you can be your very best at PointClickCare - you can challenge the status quo and implement solutions that will truly improve workplace efficiencies - Career development and growth - In a high growth tech company, there is... plenty of opportunities to enhance your skills, which in turn could lead to other opportunities within the organization. There is no shortage of opportunities if you work at it.

Cons

None come to mind at this time!

PointClickCare2019-09-13

PointClickCare Response

September 16, 2019Talent Programs Specialist

We value your feedback! Thank you!

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers at all levels are supporting your success Employee morale Corporate culture Fast paced work environment

Cons

That I haven't started working here sooner

PointClickCare2019-09-06

"Amazing place, Great vision, Bright future"

Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many pros about this place and I'll try to list a few: 1- Very modern workplace with open space concept, onsite gym, Pool table, Ping pong table, Air hockey, play station, virtual golf, employee lounge , etc. 2- Company has been growing for the past few years and considering the client base, the expectation is to continue to grow 3- Amazing employee on-boarding program , they invest a lot of time... and effort for the employee to feel that they are part of a family and this is not just another job 4- Executives are very engaged and you can see the president having lunch in the cafeteria with everyone else 5- A lot of amazing perks including subsidized lunch, free snacks, drink, coffee, etc.

Cons

The company still operates like a startup in many areas. there are good initiatives to address this issue but if you are used to a very structured and well managed process oriented environment, a lot of things might frustrate you. Like any other modern company, there is a trade-off when you are receiving these many perks in the office ; this is not a 9-5 job. expect to spend longer hours in the office and get the... job done but it's a nice office so you might not mind spending more time in it.

Advice to Management

Great job! but as you are fully aware, what got the company to this point will not necessarily get us to next step. need to get out of startup mode to move toward a billion dollar company.

PointClickCare2019-08-28
  10. "pcc"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Great company, great people, great culture

Cons

It's not your 9-5 type of workplace.

PointClickCare2019-09-20