Kit and Ace Reviews

Updated 4 May 2020

3.2
Kit and Ace CEO   George Tsogas (no image)
George Tsogas
Pros
  • "There is a family feel here at Kit and Ace(in 14 reviews)

• "Company has a great people culture, they really take care of the employees(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many associate the old Kit and Ace with the(in 13 reviews)

• "When the shop was in need of more workers, Shop Director would go to the neighbouring Lululemon with cupcakes to try to "poach" the Educators there(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great culture - lack of focus"

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clothing perks - Creative community - Forward Vision

Cons

Unstructured - built too fast

2. "working here is a juxtaposition. So many things that are really great, come with with a double edge."

Former Employee - Head Office Position in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is very strong. there are a lot of little perks like gym passes, and yoga, and daily in-office activities. There is a lot of time spent on meetings, and making sure everyone is in the know of everything happening all the time. Your voice is always heard, and generally people are pretty nice.

Cons

Landmark Forum is an essential part of this company, its culture, and all its ethics. It's mandatory (not optional as they want you to believe) and it is not something that many of us are prepared for. Almost all aspects of this company are in some way relative to Landmark. The company culture fails in so many ways because of this. there is a lack of trust in anyone who is not 100% living by the way they want you to at kitandace. many of the policies and jargon used are isolating, and not inviting.

Continue reading
  3. "It was ok... But I was laid off."

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, fantastic discount, loved the autonomy of the role

Cons

train your managers better, clique-y

4. "Company still owes me 4K in expenses from 2016"

2.0

I worked at Kit and Ace

Pros

SOME of the clothes are worth the price

Cons

I haven’t been a part of the company since end of 2016 and I am still owed over 4K that I personally put on my credit card.

5. "Was difficult at the time but lots changing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative Fast moving Fun Energetic Blah blah blah

Cons

Lack of direction Shifting priorities

6. "The New Kit and Ace"

4.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open and collaborative work environment where you are empowered to contribute to the business and your voice is heard. Great learning and growth environment , with the opportunity to wear many hats and expand your skill set. Great people , energy and awesome office views ;)

Cons

Still in the process of shedding "Old World " Kit and Ace identity which at times feels like an uphill battle. Lean team (great for learning ) however at times can feel a little overwhelming.

7. "Key Holder"

Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Kit and Ace part-time

Pros

-Open communication -Good pay -Good sicount

Cons

-Expanded too fast -Can get a little culty at times

8. "Great work culture, great people"

Former Employee - Educator in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Kit and Ace part-time for less than a year

Pros

Monthly exercise allowance included for all employees. Fun, friendly, and welcoming environment to work in. Plenty of shifts.

Cons

Employees are required to wear one piece of “current” product all the time, and the clothes are quite expensive (with a fairly small relative employee discount), which guarantees you’ll be spending at least a portion of your paycheque on new clothes fairly regularly. They are also extremely strict about how you use your employee discount, to the point where workers are not allowed to use it for anybody but themselves, not even for gifts. Expensive clothing = often snooty/pretentious clientele.

"Fun & Scrappy"

5.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time

Pros

- Product! - New owners are cultivating a fun culture with an emphasis on empowering their people. - Love the start up life; you get to work cross functional with all departments, learn a ton about retail and assist in building a brand.

Cons

- Being associated with the past, and needing to educate on the new brand direction. - The business is focused on earning the right to grow. Which means moderate growth

Continue reading
  10. "Fun for Growth and Development!"

5.0

I have been working at Kit and Ace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Kit and Ace for almost 4 years and its been a wild ride! I've worked very hard and in return have grown a lot and have had opportunities to be in different roles. Work is fun AND challenging which I personally love. Our CEO is approachable and humble. I love being able to walk up to him and give him direct feedback or ask questions.

Cons

We're still running a bit lean... really looking forward to being able to grow our headcount!

Found 149 reviews