DialogueDirect Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated Oct 18, 2019

3.7
DialogueDirect CEO Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland
Pros
  • "The job can be challenging but the work environment is very supportive(in 17 reviews)

• "Interning at DialogueDirect for the summer has taught me to grow and enhance my communication skills in a short amount of time(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "But the first day in the company, I was been told this job was actually a canvassing job(in 23 reviews)

• "You will get terminated if you don't meet the number of donors per week(in 21 reviews)

1. "Everything good comes with a challenge"

Former Employee - Field Fundraiser in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing teams that are incredibly positive, everyone works to make sure that your needs are met and that you're able to be successful! -The amount of stories you hear and people you meet from all different walks of life is absolutely incredible and one of the best parts of the job! -When you're able to inspire someone to make an impact its an amazing feeling, and getting to share that moment with someone, knowing... that a child now has access to education and health care is unlike any other! -Pay is really nice! Like any other job, there are goals. The sense of growth you get while working to meet or exceed your goals is rewarding! -The amount you learn about communication, marketing and leadership skills while working on behalf of these charities is great and everything is very transferable.

Cons

-People on the street aren't always as kind as you hope, but there are always other people who can turn your whole day around. -The skill set can be tough to master, it definitely takes a lot of practice and patience to get good at. -Definitely challenges what you perception of having a good work ethic is. Like anything rewarding, you really need to work hard to be successful.

Advice to Management

-We should partner with more local charities! We all have such great skills and are very successful at fundraising for our big partners- I feel the like impact we could make with local initiates could be all that much greater.

DialogueDirect2019-10-18
  2. "Hard work but 100% worth it"

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive work environment, good pay, and it teaches skills you can't learn anywhere else.

Cons

Can be emotionally straining and frusterating, long hours on your feet.

Advice to Management

n/a

DialogueDirect2019-09-25
  3. "It was mediocre"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in New York, NY

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

I think it was the fact you got to meet some cool strangers outside on the streets made this opportunity fun and the fact of the bonuses and travel opportunities.

Cons

There was a quota that you had to make within the first several weeks, basically, if you feel like people won't stop for you to give donations then this is not the job for you, and it's going to be sad day knowing you tried your best but no one donated. I think overall the purpose of the job was great, but it seems that management is more concerned about quota then you having a career in the field. I thought when... you signed up it was about your passion instead of the numbers. This job is all about numbers and less about your passion for the cause. The teammates you will be working with have hidden agendas and they will work against you in some sense if you're not down with their mindset. This may be a non-profit but their heart for the cause is not fully in the right place. This job is all about numbers and they don't care about you wanting to make a difference as an employee if your not getting donations in. You grow in this job solely based on the number of donations you get, not based on your abilities and passion for the job. It's solely based on donations.

Advice to Management

I think your management is okay, but the fact the job is based on just numbers is not cool, and though its understood why it is because the charities you work depend on the numbers and not the passion for the field.

DialogueDirect2019-10-05
  4. "A Company That Cares for People That Care"

Current Employee - Site Representative

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company cares about the well-being of its employees. You get health benefits after 90 days, travel opportunities, and lots of performance-based incentives.

Cons

The job can be physically and emotionally draining, because you spend all day talking to strangers, and you're outdoors every day, rain or shine. That being said, management understands this aspect of the job, and provides a lot of support to help employees manage these situations.

Advice to Management

Focus more on developing and retaining new and established leaders, not just new talent.

DialogueDirect2019-09-09
  5. "Deceitful"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

There are no pros!! I almost got attacked by homeless people.

Cons

They don’t care about you or animals!!! They give you this stupid script to follow and expect ppl to take their credit card out in the street!! Your outside in the rain or snow talking to strangers while the managers are racking up. They demand so much and the pay out is awful run away from them they are liars!! Also they claim this big pay out and you get chicken scratch.

Advice to Management

Greedy and will fire you

DialogueDirect2019-09-30

"Brand Ambassador"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in New York, NY

I worked at DialogueDirect part-time for less than a year

Pros

I do not have any pros

Cons

This job was not my favorite. It was a lot of standing in the street and trying to bring in customers

DialogueDirect2019-07-02

"Okay"

Former Employee - Canvasser

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

Good office environment Good money Entry level

Cons

Long days Must make commission for decent salary

Advice to Management

Be truthful during interviews/hiring process

DialogueDirect2019-04-26
  8. "Family Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible, organic, friendly, self-sufficient, results-oriented

Cons

Still a small company so it is hard to grow after reaching a certain management level

DialogueDirect2019-03-27

"Dialogue Direct"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Chicago, IL

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centrally located and easy access to get to facility. Accessible by train and bus. That's about all the positive there is.

Cons

The worst place I've ever worked training is 4 hours and they didn't pay me. Had to contact Illinois department of labor to get paid this company is a total scam run as far from this company as possible

Advice to Management

HQ is in NY no idea if management is aware of their company scamming way . Hard to believe they don't though

DialogueDirect2019-03-31

"Extra Extra read all about it, Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Data Analyst Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

Friendly work environment, down to earth colleagues, office bicycle storage/parking, excellent benefits, generous bonuses and raises

Cons

Compartmentalized offices as opposed to a large open space, office location and proximity to tourist trap and port authority (double edged sword TBH). Needs more plants.

DialogueDirect2019-02-20