STMicroelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

STMicroelectronics Interview Questions

Interviews at STMicroelectronics

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

It was straightforward. The interviewer was nice and asked about me first and then my background. Later he went on to ask about my general knowledge of programming and then some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• He asked questions on python programming language and other basic questions about programming basics.
      And a technical coding challenge on reversing a linked list.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I was referred by an employment agency. I was looking forward to possibly starting a career here, despite what my goals are or could be. The person whom interview me made me feel so uncomfortable to the point where I wanted to get up and leave. I work well under pressure and with a “strict” boss, but this was to the point where I felt like I would have to ask permission to breathe. I’ve never felt this on edge before. When she first walked into the room, I stood up from where I was sitting, walked over to her, pit my hand out to greet her, and stared who I was. She stared at my hand for a moment before extending hers. Also, I kept getting looked up and down. I was formally dressed for the interview. I wasn’t asked any questions that was at all related to work. In fact, the first question upon sitting down was “how long have you been in the states?” I don’t think that’s a fair or legal question to ask? After I replied I was born here, she said “oh, so first generation?” I was asked what I liked to do for fun and what I didn’t like to do. Which made me feel like because of how “young” I looked, she was
    worried I would call in sick Monday morning or any day. I’m responsible and reliable and take work very seriously. And I was so looking forward to possibly working here. But after the stare down and the unethical interview questions, even if I get a call back, I won’t be accepting nor will I apply for a future position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online, I got an email saying they want to schedule phone interview. I did a phone interview and I never heard back. I sent couple of follow up emails and never heard back.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Some aptitude question I dont remember. It was a technical test full of all kinds of questions.   1 Answer

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Tunis, MI (US)).

Interview

just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

Sent a CV through e-mail. Called for the interview by telephone. Got two interviews, one with HR, the second with senior engineers. The latter has been done using multiple-choice questions as well as face-to-face question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• I've been asked about
      - accumulators and FIR filters: what they are and how to size them;
      - optimization algorithms;
      - timing equation for setup check.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was college recruited. The process contains 50 question written exam followed by technical and HR interview.
    After I cleared the written exam , with good score, in techincal interview I told them clearly that I am not very much comfortable in analog domain. They usually asked me the question which went wrong in written paper. The question were mostly related to RC circuits, VLSI digital design and few control system . the question were mostly to test your basic understanding of deisgn. I believe good MOS understanding should be there.

Interview Questions

• related to analog design which make me a bit uncomfortable   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation as it was my first job and college placement

Junior HArdware Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tunis, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Tunis, MI (US)).

Interview

1 - technical interview
    2- technical C language Test , very easy.
    3 -Human Resources interview
    the interveiw process is very easy and very smooth

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Standard interview process, meet with managers and several engineers to get your technical ability, not focused on behavioral technique

Interview Questions

• How will you work to retain manufacturing technicians?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was fair and competitive, not much need to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring is usually done through a collective selection/interview. People are friendly and try to make the situation agreeable for the candidate. No trap, honnest questions and expecting honnest answers. The company has excellent cultural values and that is reflected also during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.