New School Interview Questions

Updated 18 Dec 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at New School

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 59 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY)

Interview

The initial interview rounds were straightforward — met with hiring manager, then came back a 2nd time to meet with a cross-functional team member, as well as another direct supervisor. I completed a very in-depth marketing exercise for them the following week. Then my references were checked. I was offered the role via a phone call. I replied with a straightforward negotiation of my salary (roughly $5k+ above what was offered) as well as an ask about doing remote work a few times a week — if appropriate. Nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't hear back for 2 days. When I did get a phone call back, the hiring manager rescinded my offer without a word of explanation other than "It's no longer a good fit for us right now." I was shocked and disappointed about how the whole situation was handled. I do believe that The New School does good work with progressive issues and ideas — but it needs to take a good look at its hiring process, at least within Marketing & Communications.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

The interview process was professional and collaborative. We discussed the courses, the students, my experience as a researcher, and an educator. The experience was casual and lengthy. We discussed various methodologies of education. We also discussed various texts.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience working with undergraduates?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

I submitted and application online, and then spoke to the selection committee through email and by phone. After speaking with various people I had to wait quite a while to find out whether I would be accepted or not.

Interview Questions
  • How would you contribute to The New School?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

Tedious rounds during the interview process - but great opportunity to learn more about Res Life and to develop better interview skills. There will probably be a panel interview as the first round, then you move onto a day of simulations and group activities with other candidates, and finally a third round with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
  • What are some ways you would manage conflict between two residents?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

You are invited to a leadership workshop where you are put into groups and have to work together to do various team building activities such as solving different scenarios for orientation week together. Then you are interviewed separately with two interviewers and asked about your life and what skills you could bring into the job.

Interview Questions
New School
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

I applied through the university career website and someone got back to me in the next week. They sent me an email and google invitation to initiate an in-person interview. We had the interview in a conference room and it wasn't stressful.

Interview Questions
New School
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (New York, NY)

Interview

Standard process. I applied online, about 2-3 weeks later, I had a phone interview. Before the in-person interview, I did a marketing assignment. During the in person interview, I met with other team members as well as the hiring manager. Prior to the interview, the manager sent me detailed information about the interview process, along with time estimates, which I found very helpful. About 2 weeks later, she followed up and told me that I didn't get the job. However, her message was very thoughtful and left me with a good impression of The New School. The follow up email was appreciated, especially since many employers don't do this anymore.

Interview Questions
New School
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

on campus hiring. I found about the open posion in a job fair. I submitted the application on line, then there was one in person interview, and I got an offer a week after.

Interview Questions
New School
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

Kind and brief, managers are nice. Understanding of role as student and willingness to cooperate with school schedule. Fast interview and willing to teach about skills. Interested in proactive behavior in the work environment.

Interview Questions
New School
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at New School (United States)

Interview

Pretty straight forward, open minded and took about an hour. Only one interview before offer. Asked about past experience and what would you like to do in the position, they look for self motivated people that can bring something different to the table.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews