Nasdaq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Nasdaq Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nasdaq in January 2015.

Interview

I got called a few weeks after submitting online. First talked with manager. Manager asked basic oop, programming questions. Then next day with team members that asked very similar questions. They asked very basic conceptual problems that I had no difficulty with. They made me an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between c++ and java.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Great! It was a great experience and my interviewers were very nice. The interview was a softball interview because I guess they had liked my resume. They also described the project I would be working on to me in detail

Interview Questions

• What do you know about blockchain technology   1 Answer

Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

There was no phone interview. After applying for the position and not hearing anything, but still seeing the position posted I made some phone calls. Eventually networked into somebody who helped. Got a call for an interview. The interview was very informal. Focused on even though it's NASDAQ it's not a trading position. I need somebody yesterday. The job description was for installation and training for new clients. I was told that even though it's a suppot role, there would be cross and up-selling opportunity. Was given some info and asked to prepare a presentation and schedule an appointment with the secretary to come back in 2-3 weeks. Upon trying to schedule the 2nd interview, my phone call where I left a voice mail was responded to via email regretting to inform me that they were considering more qualified candidates. I called back (this time I got the secretary) asking if there was some mistake because I was already asked to prepare a presentation and come back. Got an email from the manager say that upon further thought, he was only considering people with 3-5 years prior software sales experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. It was a bizarre interview. for a small department. I'm not even really sure I was interviewed for the position I actually applied for despite my pulling out the posting and using it for talking points because there was a sales position listed that called for 3-5 years software sales experience that was also posted.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Good Interview, This was for the internship position in Philadelphia PA. They interviewed me on campus. Asked basic questions about my resume (stuff I worked on and previous experience) Asked me if I knew data structures such as Trees and Hash Maps, tables. Asked what the difference between an Interface and Abstract Class was. Could interface methods be defined, etc. Basic questions that you should have a concept of. It was my first "technical" interview when it came to coding questions (no coding was asked to be done though). Good experience and the guys interviewing me were awesome. Very nice and made the interview easy going.

Interview Questions

• What's faster a Binary Tree or Hash map? - Wouldn't say it was most difficult but it was unexpected   1 Answer

No option to say still deciding, But I'm still deciding.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq in March 2015.

Interview

There would be 2 interviews for intern position. First is with the manager and you'll be asked everything on your Resume and then if you pass you would be interviewed by 3 developers.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Started off with a brief interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a member of their team. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere of the office was very welcoming. The in person interview was very laid back - definitely a more conversational interview discussing the position and the day to day responsibilities. A few days after the in person interview, I had followed up with the HR contact to answer some follow up questions regarding the company's benefits. After a week of not getting a response, I followed up again requesting an accurate timeline of when I would hear back from them. No answer still, I called the office of the HR contact and left a message on their voicemail. Still no response. The last thing I did after being completely shut out was emailed the hiring manager just to make sure everything was okay and to see if there was anything else additional they needed from me. Nothing. It's been 4 weeks now since my in person interview and not even an email or a phone call from them. For being the reputable company they are, you would think they would have the decency to contact you after going through 3 rounds of interviews even if it is to say I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your day to day responsibilities at your current job.   Answer Question

Network Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

It was a phone interview where the questions were behavioral as well as technical. I received an email inquiring about my availability for summer of 2017. There was only one round of phone interview with the Senior Network Director of Nasdaq

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my interests and whether they were aligned to the projects at the company   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly streamlined. The office and individuals were very welcoming and polite. There was a little back and forth when negotiating start date and salary but that was really the extent of it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was very thorough, both to test subject matter expertise as well as personality. Met with the entire team as well as the management and up to 2 levels above the hiring manager. HR was not as clear about the position, so meeting all the people (which seemed like a lot at first) was good. Helped understand the job and the personalities better.

Received another offer that was more lucrative as well as more in line with what I wanted

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

First step was a recruiter called me out of the blue asking me what I knew about the company, where I worked now, etc. Recruiter set up a phone interview with the manager that interview went well and the manager requested an in person interview in the SF office. The in person interview was pretty disorganized it seemed the manager just needed someone there ASAP and wouldn't be training or on boarding them. The entire interview just consisted of me asking questions about the role he had no more than 2 questions for me. He then went to bring two people off the floor who answered some questions but were unprepared then he went back and grabbed a third person who basically just talked to me about nothing. At this point I was fed up I had told them I would need a response about the job ASAP because I had given another company a tentative acceptance. They said I would hear back the same day after a few hours. A few hours go by and no one calls. A few days go by and no one reaches out. A month later and I never heard back. At this point I've already accepted the other job but I was furious that they never reached back out. The recruiter was the only professional one throughout and even he didn't email. Save your time and find something better the Bay area is full of much better financial tech companies. NASDAQ had a run down office, no coffee machine much less snacks in the kitchen and the employees admitted that there was no team morale or diversity.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.