NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at NYU (New York University)

Positive72%
2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 443 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

Personality test and minor technical interview. Mostly was focused on how you explained things and worked through problems. Big focus on troubleshooting in a very analytical way. Overall very straight forward as long as you can explain your though process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you troubleshoot a laptop that doesn't have working Wi-Fi?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

They called me in for an interview when I showed up, they wanted it to be remote. Then I had to fit that into my reschedule. Once we connected, their interviewers were cordial and respectful.

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Employee in Canada
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (Canada)

Interview

Not really an interview, already knew the prof beforehand. Be sure to network hard guys, it helps a lot in terms of getting position. Resume drops are not very efficient.

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I interviewed with the hiring manager in the department, the directors I would be working with, and then with the school's HR department.

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY)

Interview

I submitted my resume and was soon contacted for a brief phone interview. Then I was scheduled for an in-person interview. At the interview I met with someone from the hiring department.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was interested in working in academia.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

Phone screen, then technical online test, then in person interview with HR, then interview with person you would for, then interview with a panel of people you would work with.

Interview Questions
  • Can you explain an obstacle you encountered while working at your previous job? And how did you overcome it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and fluent. I knew all the answers to the questions they asked me. Most are about technical questions and research experience. I had enough experience to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

Interview was conducted via Skype due to being out of state at the time. The interview was with a postdoc in the lab, and was a strong mix of an informal style behavioral fit interview, past work experience, as well as future aspirations.

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

It was part of a big career fair where all roles were being interviewed for a pipeline of candidates. Specifically for the roles that support the facility and students. And and and

Interview Questions
NYU (New York University)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (United States)

Interview

Pretty much getting to know a professor you want to work with is key. You can try to cold email them or getting introduced by someone else, like a PhD student. That was how I got connected with the professor.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What kind of research do you want do?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 443 Interviews