McKinsey & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

2,580 Interview Reviews

3.7

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Preliminary Phone screen with case interview and coaching through case process.

First Round, Two Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Associate Partners.

Final Round, Three Case Interviews and Behavioral Interviews with Partners.

Interview Questions

• Q: How to improve the profits of an African utility company experiencing several down years in a row   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

2 rounds, each round has 2-3 interview sessions with different people. Easy case but the personal experience interview is where it gets tough they look for something very specific. The PEI stretches across 5 different areas and they look for you to hit across all areas if possible.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Apply online. Attended info sessions and training at the local office. 2 rounds of interviews, 2 interviewers each round, first-round skype with associates, and second-round in person with partners.

Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

First submitted the online application then got called by a recruiter. She assigned me an unexpected test on Quanthub.com which includes programming problems in Python and R. 2 minutes/question. You've got be very familiar with Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn) and r Never seen people mentioned that

Interview Questions

• Are willing to travel for 80% of the time   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Applied through the APD pathway and passed the resume screen to RI. RI consisted of two interviews at the regional office and RII consisted of three interviews at the office of choice. All interviews started with questions about a single leadership story/example and ended with a case. All five of my interviewers were incredibly sincere and engaging.

I had a wonderful experience with the recruiting process. I had to travel for both rounds of interviews and the logistics was easy and low-effort on my end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oneonta, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Oneonta, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Before interview, there is an Online Assessment on Quanthub which covers Python, R, Statistic. After that, there will be a phone call with HR. And HR will schedule two coaching session for interview. There are first round and final round interviews. Each round contains two 50 min interviews. Each interviews will cover Personal Experience Impact and Case Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell an example that can reflect you entrepreneurial drive.   2 Answers

Young Leaders Programmer Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

The interviewing process was very long - almost six months. First is a skills test online. Then they provide three coaching sessions before the first round of interviews, which is two interviews with associates at the country office. This is followed by another coaching session before the final round of interviews with the partners. Overall, it was a rigorous process and the coaches aren’t kind in their teaching approach. One in particular was quite demeaning and patronizing. The partner interviews are completely different from what the coaches teach and from the first round of interviews. I made great connections but I personally did not enjoy the experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

There were two interviewers. I found that the experienced varied significantly between interviewers. One pressed me much more during the personal fit section. I thought the case questions were easy, but when they are easy that usually means they want you to be very specific and provide a lot more insights along the way.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds, with total of 5 interviews. Cases and PEIs. Overall not bad or too difficult, just depends on who the interviewer is. Partners can be more straightforward and push back on your answers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Written interview then two rounds of case interviews. The written interview was math/logic related. Case interviews were in person in their Boston office. Overall very friendly interviewers invested in helping you understand the question and do the best you can.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions related to my background in economics   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.