MPC Runner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

MPC Runner Interview Questions

Interviews at MPC

2.2

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MPC (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. It was thorough. I was taken on a tour of the studio. It is a nice studio. Beautiful flowers and beautiful people. I liked it a lot.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in running / reception / client services / PA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MPC

Runner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in December 2014.

Interview

I had recently graduated and had applied several times. Finally someone from MPCLA emailed me the interview for a Runner position. She told me to wear a suit and tie which I did. The receptionist brought me up to the roof deck and asked me to wait on a couch. Not long after, a meeting formed which I was sitting adjacent to (about 10 people) as I waited awkwardly for about 40 mimutes for HR to arrive.

I was incredibly overdressed and uncomfortable as everyone else was dressed in T shirts and jeans. To make matters worse, I was able to hear everything being said at the meeting and I really had no business being where I was. Finally when the HR arrived she brought me to another, more private, couch and began the interview. There were two people from HR, it was pretty straightforward. She asked me when I could start, explained to me the details of the job and asked if I had any questions. She seemed really cold and uptight - standoffish. It was like talking to to a prison guard, she made know effort to comfort or conversate whatsoever and made the job seem incredibly miserable.

I kept positive and kept insisting that I was interested. It was like she was trying to get me to hate the job.

After the interview, they told me to wait for a follow up call or email. None of which came. After I emailed and called them they finally told me I didn't get the job.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with the head of operations, talked at length for an hour about what was to be expected of the job. Was able to have a good discussion of the future, and the benefits of joining the company. then was hired that week via phone call.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to be here? what are your goals for coming here.   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Interview

They left a voicemail saying they were from MPC and wanted to talk about the Runner position. I called back. They asked simple questions. After they said they would call back to schedule an interview on Friday, but they never called so I called them. Didn't answer so I left a message and they didn't even call back.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Santa Monica, CA (US)).

Interview

Brief phone screening and formal interview. After following up and giving thank you letter, there's was no courtesy of the status of your application. Never heard from them. A simple "Thank you for taking your time but we found other candidates" would have been nice but they leave you in the dark.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I have had to deal with a two-step process after the application. I receive a call describing the position and general description of the work and work environment. I came in for a short in-person interview.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was offered an interview asking:

"If you are still interested in discussing opportunities in more detail, can you please let me know:
    -When you are free for a 30 minutes Face to Face interview (please provide a few dates and times in case your first option isn't available)"

I replied approximately 1 hour later stating my availability and 4 business days later have yet to hear back with confirmation. This seems EXTREMELY unprofessional if you ask me and actually made the decision for me regarding IF I actually want the job.

I also interviewed several years ago for a similar position and my contact did not show up for my interview and I was actually interviewed by someone who had no idea anyone was being interviewed that day... obviously I did not get the job and at the time did not take it personal although unbelievably unprofessional on my contact's part especially since there was no attempt at a followup apologizing for wasting my time or anything. Just complete silence.

If this is the level of professionalism and respect I see from MPC when it comes to potential hires I would urge candidates to stay away regardless of their passion level.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had applied casually on Indeed and about a month after I applied, I received a call from one of their recruiters. He called me at 7 PM which I found a bit strange as most recruiters tend to call during regular business hours, but I suppose those hours aren't exactly regular given they need to work across different timezones. We had a brief chat about the position before he asked me to come in the very next day for an interview. Was desperate so I said yes, although when you think about it, you can't help but wonder why there seemed to be a last minute scramble to schedule all the applicants on the same day. Disorganization? Competing deadlines?

Went in for an interview in their Vancouver office, and was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement. He didn't give his exact title, but I was interviewed by the man who was in charge of all the Production Runners (presumably Head of Operations), as well as a colleague of his who was doing a lot of the same thing. The interview itself was very pleasant and they were kind enough to answer questions I had about progression/growth at MPC and how runners tend to move around the company. They asked mostly behavioural/situational questions, e.g. how would you work with different personalities, how do you work under pressure, have you been in a situation where you were under intense time pressure.

There was no means for me to email the interviewers directly, so I had reached out to the original recruiter to ask for their email addresses. Wouldn't give them to me (bit strange but oh well), but suggested I pass along a thank you note, which I did. Did not get an indication from the interviewer or the recruiter of a timeline for when they would be making a decision which I found very odd as well.

A week passes by and I didn't hear back from the recruiter, so I sent a follow up email reaffirming interest and touching base about my application. It's been a week since I've sent said email, which makes it two weeks since the interview. I've called their office to follow up with the recruiter but they did not accept such calls. Fair enough.

I know this is just a low-level position, but there is a distinct lack of professionalism in not informing candidates whether the position had been filled, let alone whether they decided to move on with other candidates. Even an automated email saying the position had already been filled would have sufficed (and maybe it was my fault for applying through Indeed where I saw the position, instead of through their actual careers page).

They really do leave you in the dark about the progress of things (very annoying) either because they are too busy or simply don't care. It's only fair to give some kind of notice so people can move on to the next application - shows a lack of respect for the applicant's time.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural/situational questions, e.g. how do you work with different personalities, what do you do when under intense time pressure   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone, a day after I applied on line, by very enthusiastic HR employee, answered a few basic questions,like where did you hear about us, what is your availability, do you know how to work in Excel and office setting. Said they would call back to confirm in person interview date, but never did.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work full time (40 hours/ week) with varied shifts ranging from Morning: 7:30 am, evenings: 1pm and weekends?   Answer Question

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, through their jobs portal and didn't hear back for about 4 weeks, I then received an email asking further questions which I responded to but never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Could I work weekends/evenings?
      Did I prefer to work alone or as part of a team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.