TMX Finance Family of Companies Reviews

Updated 15 Jun 2020

3.4
TMX Finance Family of Companies CEO Tracy Young (no image)
Tracy Young
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management has a disconnect with the field(in 67 reviews)

• "Extremely long hours, lack of work life balance(in 55 reviews)

1. "Growth is the Primary Focus"

5.0

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

They care about you and your progression within the company not just changing positions but also with growing you as a person. While my job title has not changed since I started working here, my role has expanded far beyond what was originally asked of me when I joined the company. What I now do is beyond what I expected and I only got here from the support of my bosses who saw my potential. They trusted me to start working on bigger projects and only encouraged to continue to work on my own skills to ultimately help the company grow.

Cons

Transparency can be an issue from the higher ups, but my boss continued to insure we were as informed as they were on any issues that were going on in the company.

June 10, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! We value your honest feedback. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

2. "unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, good coworkers, Sundays off

Cons

unrealistic goals, lack of solutions, lack of job security

June 16, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

We value your honest feedback. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "Rewarding Experience and Great Team Members"

Current Employee - Legal/Compliance

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional Development Programs/Opportunities Management Encourages Growth of Employees Open Communications Between Management and Employees Teamwork is encouraged and respected.

Cons

Work-life balance can be tricky to attain. Upper management can sometimes be unrealistic in their expectations. Easy to get burned out. Traditional work environment is highly regarded and upper management seems resistant to change.

May 27, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback and rating! We are currently working on initiatives to help reduce burnout for Team Members regarding work-life balance. We will make sure to review your suggestions with our management team. We know there is room for improvement and we are always striving to provide an exceptional experience for Team Members!

4. "Good stepping stone job"

Former Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, Lots of room for growth, PTO, Expenses Reinbursed, Decent training.

Cons

Misguided upper management, Bad work Life Balance, Unrealistic Expectations., and stressful work expectations.

June 1, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

5. "Ready for a wild ride"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

Bonus. Paid time off. Pay. Advancement. Co-workers

Cons

Work. Life balance. Hours .Stressful. Always Chanig

May 12, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

6. "Horrible place, don’t waste your career here."

1.0
    Current Employee - District Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay is ok, at DDO level and above. But upper management can let you go any second.

Cons

Seriously Everything, most of all the poor leadership and lack of professionalism when dealing with higher ups and the higher up you go the worst it gets. Top 3 guys in the company will lie to your face thinking you don’t know the truth.

June 15, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

7. "Okay company!"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s average company. Management is okay nothing really exciting about the job

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Hours are long you basically work for free.

May 7, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. Retail hours are tough - we get it, but they allow us to help even more customers! It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We value your honest feedback.

8. "Just know what you are getting into"

4.0
    Former Employee - General Manager in Enterprise, AL

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was comparable to other companies

Cons

The hours were sometimes a lot

April 7, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! Retail hours are tough- we get it, but they allow us to help even more customers! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time with us!

9. "Ehhh"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time

Pros

The job is very easy depends on your supervisor. The company has a high turnover rate. I wouldn’t recommend this job as a career, it’s no job security. Only good thing is I could go on vacation almost anytime I wanted.

Cons

Everything ..... Poor management. Poor benefits. My store was raggedy. Everything was broken and leaking. The company didn’t want to fix it just patch it up.

April 15, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed you had a negative experience and wish you nothing but the best moving forward. In terms of the specific points you’ve raised, we have taken them into consideration.

10. "Current Leader"

Current Employee - DDO

Pros

Excellent pay for High Performers. Opportunity to advance career. Great benefits.

Cons

"Pay for performance" is not for everyone.

March 30, 2020Communications & Social Media Specialist

It sounds like you are enjoying your time with us! Thanks so much for leaving a review. We wish you continued success in your career with the Company!

Found 694 reviews