Snowplow Analytics Reviews

Updated 20 Apr 2020

4.9
  1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time

Pros

There are a number of great things about Snowplow - all team members are friendly and incredibly helpful - we are a values centric company - we have a blend of remote and office team members we have a really nice community vibe on Slack - we have a company away week twice a year where we work and socialise together - the founders are incredibly approachable and collaborative - loads of opportunity to grow and take responsibility - everyone is always pushing to improve

Cons

- Can be a little hectic at times however I haven't come across a startup that isn't

Snowplow Analytics2020-04-20
  2. "Absolutely ready...."

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time

Pros

A company that is full of great energy in a really interesting space. Co founders that are utterly involved and a team that is bursting with smart, interesting and enthusiastic people working towards a single goal A company that cares about their team and has respect for all, coping brilliantly with the advent of COVID-19 providing terrific support to everyone

Cons

I haven't seen any major challenges yet!

Snowplow Analytics2020-04-15

"You're never on your own"

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Despite being an almost 100% remote company, Snowplow has built an intentionally communicative and unique company culture. Every department is staffed with really smart, eager-to-help people, and you will never feel alone or isolated no matter where in the world you're working from. Led by two passionate co-founders, it still feels like a small company even though it's growing fast. I've never been anywhere that lived by its stated values.

Cons

I've yet to encounter any negatives/cons about Snowplow. It's in a big growth phase, and this can make some growing pains more obvious, but this is not any different from other high-growth startups. It's also constantly making efforts to ensure even better communication and sharing when things could get confusing.

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-11
  4. "Flexible, friendly and transparent work culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a remote first company, but being close to the London HQ office is the best of both worlds for me! Being able to work aboard for long periods of time and work from home without jumping through hoops has given me a brand new and amazing work life balance but I also enjoy being close to the physical office and being involved with the people and events there. Everyone at Snowplow has been friendly and welcoming from the start and I feel like a trusted and valued member of the team. Working in a startup environment means the opportunity to take on additional responsibility and contribute varied aspects of company life.

Cons

As in any startup, expect to be working hard and no have room to hide if you aren't able to meet expectations (for me personally I enjoy these aspects of working at a startup but they aren't for everyone) Also do bring some patience to the table, one of the fun things about working at a startup is that things don't work out perfectly first time or might not get fixed straight away. At Snowplow, senior management tackle these issues with as much transparency and honesty as possible which makes growth easier.

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-12
  5. "A growing and exciting company"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Herne Bay, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Incredibly interesting & competitive industry to be working in * The co-founders are great, one of the main reasons I took the job - I found this can be quite rare! * Lots of space and freedom to do good work and help shape the organisation * Lots of ownership and empowerment * Remote-first culture * A great team, we hire well for fit

Cons

Nothing springs to mind other than typical challenges you always get in organisations and where people are working hard to get things done.

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-11
  6. "An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Snowplow is truly a wonderful place to work, with great support from management and peers, a category-leading product and a vision to grow while maintaining a vibrant remote-working culture. Managers at Snowplow trust you to do your job well but provide the support and guidance needed to help you develop and grow. It's a real joy to work in a company where colleagues are friendly, helpful, talented, and all have a great sense of humour. During away weeks we get to spend time together as a whole company, collaborate on interesting projects, but also have fun. Otherwise there are weekly catchups, offsites and plenty of opportunities to learn and socialise together. The company is led by two incredible founders who are approachable and invested in their employee's success, and the hiring process is run by a small but brilliant team who help you feel at ease during interview stages and beyond. Life at Snowplow really is the perfect blend of challenging work, ambitious goals and hugely enjoyable experiences. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Working in any startup is always challenging and there is always uncertainty in a growing company. However this is not unique to Snowplow, and in fact, the company has a mature and refreshing approach to company-wide communication that keeps growing pains to a minimum.

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-11
  7. "Awesome company with a revolutionary product"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Founders and senior management are very talented, intelligent, and thoughtful people that have created a revolutionary product. Just as the technology is open source, this is reflected in the open, egalitarian, and transparent culture of the organisation. Snowplow has a flexible work culture which means the ability to work from home, in the office, and remotely. Twice a year we go away on an away week to a location in Europe which are always fun and great development experiences. The is a genuine culture of curiosity and hard work and you get to work with incredibly capable people.

Cons

The are no cons that stand out to me. It is a fast growing startup so there will always be change but this can be turned into a pro if you embrace change and grown and adapt as the organisation needs.

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-10
  8. "100% Trust and Autonomy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A great place to work, I feel like there is a real trust that I'm allowed to work in way that suits me to get the best job done that I can. - Great equipment supplied (i9 Macbook Pro and good Dell monitors). - The culture is down to earth and everyone is both respectful and very helpful. - The remote culture and flexibility is also a great pro! - Recently funded and there is a real feel of optimism for the future.

Cons

- We rely heavily on Slack for communication, which is not a bad thing per say but sometimes it can be a bit tricky trying to work out who you need to reach out to. - Some remote oriented companies offer more perks for remote workers to help with the costs of working from home (paid internet, office supplies)

Snowplow Analytics2020-02-10
  9. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time

Pros

Snowplow has a great company culture! As it's a fast-growing startup you get a lot of responsibility, trust and autonomy. You'll go through a steep learning curve, but everyone around you will be there to help you! It's a distributed company which gives you the flexibility to work from where you want to and there's no such thing as face-time!

Cons

It's a startup and so we're always constrained by limited resources. There will be tasks and projects that weren't in your initial job description (it's not really a con).

Snowplow Analytics2018-11-26
  10. "Incredibly caring, friendly and ethical company culture"

I have been working at Snowplow Analytics full-time

Pros

Incredibly caring, friendly and ethical company culture. No blaming, no shaming, just true honest collaboration. I had met the founders before I joined in and my gut feeling was that they were truly good hearted people. Now working with them, they have exceeded my expectations. That's rare enough to be highlighted. Things get done, employees have space to evolve and to come up with their own initiative and they generally care. Working with people who care about what they are doing and about the others is priceless. Nothing is really set in stone, the processes are evolving all the time in a sort of “whatever suits the best” fashion. Probably the most agile I’ve seen so far.

Cons

It’s still a small organisation, it might lack of structure from time to time so control freaks might get tensed.

Snowplow Analytics2018-02-14