Scrapinghub Reviews

4.3

"Good but with issues"

Former Employee - Python Developer

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fully remote Clear tasks Good management Big team

Cons

Lover salaries then the medium Become boring

2. "Lots of opportunity to be proactive"

Former Employee - Test Automation Engineer

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are responsible for results and nobody cares about hours worked. Remote work. A lot of opportunities to make an impact inside the company and be a leader. Opportunity to develop your skills and learn. Some movements on building culture and improving transparency.

Cons

Culture and values feel like a lipstick service sometimes - there are internal processes, actions and attitudes which in my view openly contradict company values. Hiring - I got an offer and was rejected after due to a business review and between the offer and rejections communications were slow and not clear. Termination - I had a meeting where I was told that my contract ends without a prolongation. The reason I got is the change in business priorities, which wasn't clear for me. In seconds after the meeting, I was blocked of everything - email, Slack etc., so I ended up writing goodbye emails to my friends from my personal email. Openly discussing company problems doesn't seem encouraged and I had heard "it's done as in usual business" too often.

Continue reading
  3. "Part of a World Wide Family"

Current Employee - Executive in Top of the World, UT

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

A multicultural company, with understanding of all cultures and work ethics. A company that is always innovating. A company that is prepared to grab change and embrace it. Making the best version of me in a work environment that fits around my life.

Cons

If I had to say a con it would be the time it took for me to understand that remote working is really the best way to work. No more hours sitting in traffic, and arriving stressed before the day has begun. Once I realised I was trusted to work on my own timeframe and told that 5 hours of productive work is better than 8 hours of pretending to work, things really took off .

December 10, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and it's great to hear that you are enjoying both working at Scrapinghub and remote working.

"Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with such a diverse, talent and supportive team from all over the world. Great work life balance as I have the freedom to determine my own schedule & working hours. Wonderful company culture with a focus on connecting the team from all over the world. Great career progression opportunities.

Cons

Communication can be a challenge at times.

"Great company with ethical people"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote working, No micro-management, great trust amongst colleagues, everyone is treated very fairly

Cons

Remote working can at times be isolating however employees are urged to connect with each other to combat this. Occasional miscommunication between teams but this is the case in every company I have ever worked for

6. "Perfect place to work"

4.0

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time

Pros

This is a perfect place to work. Great culture. Great teamwork.

Cons

Can't see any big issue.

January 23, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback - it's appreciated. And here's to a great 2019 at Scrapinghub.

7. "Transparent Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Pune

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Clear, detailed and transparent process Remote and flexible work environment Extremely convivial environment to work in and wonderful management

Cons

A greater focus on products

January 23, 2019Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to post this and for your comments. For sure, Product is very much a focus area for the Senior Leadership Team right now.

8. "Awesome company to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Very smart people. Meetups. Diverse opportunities. Goal-oriented.

Cons

Some time you have to overwork to achieve before deadlines, but managers are always open to hear

December 3, 2018Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. I know from time to time we all have to work additional hours to meet deadlines and I'm glad you can talk to your manager about this.

"Not the best place to be at"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote with nice people all over the world.

Cons

- No transparency in the decision making - Senior management doesn't take responsibility for what they do - No trust between CEO, his favourites and other company - No critics allowed. Especially no critics for CEO and his favourites. - Awful engineering quality and culture. However management doesn't want to improve anything - Die hard to get salary rise regardless of efficiency and results.

June 13, 2018

Thanks for your comments. For sure, one of the great things about Scrapinghub is that we are a remote company and our people are based in many corners of the world. My philosophy is that you don’t need to compromise on your career in order to live where you choose. As a former Scrapinghubber, you may know that Scrapinghub has grown to an organisation of 127 people this month. We’ve put an experienced senior leadership team in place since 2017, and some of this happened during your time here. There were many changes during that period, and I am sorry that things didn’t work out for you. I’d like to update you on how we’re addressing some of the points you raised. We have a yearly compensation review, which is tied to performance. We’re working on benchmarking to ensure it’s always fair and rewards those that deserve it. In the first half of this year we’ve had several initiatives to improve engineering practises. These include a project to further standardise and promote our development best practises, we promoted and hired more tech leads, more guaranteed time on open source and mentors to help developers get started, a company-wide training program, etc. We openly discuss our top problems, including together at our last all-company get together. They all have owners and regular updates, but we’re working as a team to solve them and make Scrapinghub a great place to work! Shane Evans, CEO

"Software Engineer"

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice and friendly atmosphere. Awesome team-mates who always give a hand. This year first get together occur. Incredible experience!

Cons

Unstable work load. Compensation may be not revised for a years. Sometimes not that many room for growth.

Found 30 reviews