Robert Walters Reviews

4.1
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours But that’s what is required to be successful(in 40 reviews)

• "Work-life balance, flexibility, KPI based progression(in 25 reviews)

1. "Great culture; room for growth"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

room for growth, large corporate, great structure

Cons

large staff turnover so always new people coming and going

2. "Lots of opportunity to grow"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Social Dynamic Great management Career progression Ongoing training

Cons

Staff turnover can be quite high

3. "Opportunities to develop"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Executive in Wellington, Wellington

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been given loads of opportunity to develop my skill set and have always been really supported by my team. The group of people I work with are awesome and we are always having events together.

Cons

Working as a support function can be challenging in a fast-paced environment took some getting used to.

"Wouldn't Work For Another Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Team Orientated Atmosphere - Rewards Success - Excellent Training and Development Program - Career Progression is straightforward

Cons

- One size fits all model

Continue reading
  5. "Great office culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having only worked in my role for six months, my journey with Robert Walters has only just begun, but I have to say that this is the most interesting, challenging and rewarding job I have had to date. I think that the best aspect of working here is the office culture; I feel proud to be part of such a supportive and close knit team. We all work really hard here, but there are plenty of social and team building opportunities and I think that we all feel recognised and rewarded for the work that we do.

Cons

You certainly work hard at Robert Walters and are challenged every day, but I am part of a really supportive team who I can always reach out to for help and who make coming to work a real pleasure.

6. "Great Business to start your Career With"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a Senior Consultant in the Melbourne Office. Overall excellent culture, people and team. The friends you make there will be friends for life. Structure and best practice habit development, legacy accounts, brand name. Ability to build a genuine career for yourself and earn a 6 figure salary within 1-2 years. Excellent Director in charge (Melbourne) that genuinely cares for his staff.

Cons

Similar to big 4 in terms of progression timing which is discretionary, bonus are discretionary (but fair). When you start billing higher numbers the bonuses start becoming less and less competitive, however for 90% of consultants the bonus structure will actually benefit you in comparison to peers. Can be smoke and mirrors for progression opportunities, often it is down to timing and 'waiting' for the right progression slot to open up.

Continue reading
  7. "One of the best companies I have worked for"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Ho Chi Minh City

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supporting environment with creative ideas, you can do lots of things with high flexibility. Also, the recruitment process is professional and quick.

Cons

Just wish I could wear casual, but it's all good

8. "It's a sales company at the end of the day"

Current Employee - Consultant in Tokyo
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Organised training systems, rewarding commission and incentives

Cons

Management's way of thinking is still quite out-of-date, domestic inspite of being an International company in Japan.

Robert Walters Response

June 22, 2020HR

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you appreciate our training and non-commission approach — indeed, I believe they are a unique selling point for our business and make Robert Walters a great place to work. Of course, I was disappointed that you feel our way of thinking is outdated. I’m proud of our diverse team, with dozens of nationalities represented in our Tokyo office alone, and I think we strike a strong balance between our global outlook and our local culture. That said, I’d welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail — your feedback helps us continuously improve. If you’d like, you can email me at jeremy.sampson@robertwalters.co.jp to arrange a confidential conversation. Jeremy Sampson Managing Director – Robert Walters Japan & Korea

9. "I wish I never left!"

Former Employee - Candidate Manager in Sydney

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company truly does things right! They don't receive commission like most agencies. Instead the have a salary and team/individual bonus, a structure which makes much more sense in this industry and leads to better culture/teamwork and MUCH better candidate/client care! They care about their employees and show it immensely with an annual incentive trip to a new place around the globe. They send a few lucky employees to Africa for a mission trip every year, charity day, happy hours, great benefits, opportunity to transfer globally or work from other offices temporarily. They sponsor incredible causes. Everyone there looks like a supermodel. It was amazing. Great money, enjoyable work!

Cons

I wish my progression was discussed more

"A place for hustlers looking for strong career training and development"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Robert Walters is a great place to launch you career in recruitment. The training process for new hires is top-notch, but employee development does not just stop after your first few months. The firm takes great responsibility in staying up to date with industry trends and providing resources to enable consultants at all levels to develop a consultative dialogue with clients and candidates. Awesome people, small (but growing!) office where everyone is welcomed and encouraged.

Cons

Recruitment is all about resilience. Management will support you towards achieving your goals, but there's no hand-holding in the business. As a new hire it can be a little overwhelming, but putting in the time and using the tools you're given in training will help you be successful.

Found 524 reviews