Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated 21 Oct 2019

4.1
Robert Walters CEO Robert Walters
Robert Walters
Pros
  • "Totally not a traditional corporate; relaxed working environment & fun office(in 34 reviews)

• "Good training, great culture and opportunity to progress in your career in Australia or overseas(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great culture; room for growth"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

room for growth, large corporate, great structure

Cons

large staff turnover so always new people coming and going

Robert Walters2019-04-26
  2. "Opportunities to develop"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Executive in Wellington, Wellington

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been given loads of opportunity to develop my skill set and have always been really supported by my team. The group of people I work with are awesome and we are always having events together.

Cons

Working as a support function can be challenging in a fast-paced environment took some getting used to.

Robert Walters2018-10-15

"Wouldn't Work For Another Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Team Orientated Atmosphere - Rewards Success - Excellent Training and Development Program - Career Progression is straightforward

Cons

- One size fits all model

Advice to Management

There are different ways to recruit, one option isn't for everyone.

Robert Walters2017-07-23
  4. "Great office culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having only worked in my role for six months, my journey with Robert Walters has only just begun, but I have to say that this is the most interesting, challenging and rewarding job I have had to date. I think that the best aspect of working here is the office culture; I feel proud to be part of such a supportive and close knit team. We all work really hard here, but there are plenty of social and team building... opportunities and I think that we all feel recognised and rewarded for the work that we do.

Cons

You certainly work hard at Robert Walters and are challenged every day, but I am part of a really supportive team who I can always reach out to for help and who make coming to work a real pleasure.

Robert Walters2016-06-26
  5. "Great company to work for if you put the effort in"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Atmosphere, only sales company I know where your colleagues want you to do equally well as they do individually. You get a lot of encouragement which sometimes you dont in other places -Not a hire and fire place, they give you time to build your desk and market -Very strong culture, not many idiots, which says a lot working in a sales environment -They encourage events and have a fantastic marketing team that... enable you to produce relevant marketing material for clients and candidates alike -Good meritocratic structure. If you work hard and produce results it will be recognised

Cons

The commission structure could be improved but if it was like other places it could also have an effect on the vibrancy of the firm and the team ethos culture that RW is built around

Advice to Management

More collaboration with other offices across the globe, utilise the global nature of the business better i.e. more transparency across international teams to enable better cross-selling opportunities

Robert Walters2019-10-21
  6. "International Induction Training"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

Phenomenal experience being included in the International Induction Training taking us to Brussels. Highlight of the trip was definitely the exposure to teams from across Europe and hearing all about the different markets and comparing strategies. World class training and wonderful dinner certainly can't be overlooked either.

Cons

The London office is falling behind its European counterparts with regards to the actual office itself. Furnishings, office chairs and the general technology infrastructure could do with an upgrade.

Robert Walters2019-10-17
  7. "Supportive team that hustles"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a great office to get a start in recruiting especially if you haven't had prior experience. Before joining RW SF, I was in a technical industry with no recruitment experience. They have a great team that coaches you through their process to be efficient and successful. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing startups in the Bay Area. I was exposed to different industries,... orgs, and leaderships that made me appreciate the value recruitment brings to these teams. This office is especially helpful to understand the SF market if you are a transplant and/or new to tech. Some of my favorite things about Robert Walters: - Great culture! They foster a collaborative culture where everyone is working together. People are always going out to events, HH, or just hanging out outside of work. - They teach you resilience. Recruiting can be tough sometimes but the team here is able to coach you through the lows so that you can come out on top while celebrating the highs so that you continue to chase that feeling. - The Robert Walters approach to recruitment is more strategic and high touch in comparison to other firms which is why the leadership here emphasizes quality over quantity. It really makes you take a step back to see the field as a chess board and how you can make the most out of each move. -

Cons

- They are currently in process of testing new platforms, but, during my time, their platform is pretty outdated. Don't get me wrong though! It works and works well, but it just isnt as intuitive and user friendly as some of the other software today. - This is still an agency and a sales job at the end of the day. You only get out as much as you put it and it can be tough. You have to hustle and have grit when... it comes to recruitment. This is not a startup where you can relax and get by. Although it is not KPI driven, there are other metrics of success which reflect your hustle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! Understand your recruiters and how they learn / receive feedback.

Robert Walters2019-10-12
  8. "Top company"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Fun, hard work, good career progress

Cons

Don t have nothing bad to say

Robert Walters2019-10-10
  9. "Big pockets to spend on client and candidates"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Incentives, team trips and other benefits for high performers - Since you spend many hours there it's inevitable to become good friends with your colleagues

Cons

- Long working hours - Discretionary bonus structure set by Manager or Director which is affected by likability

Advice to Management

Focus on promoting people to Managers with leadership experience

Robert Walters2019-10-17
  10. "Great company with international opportunities"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for. The culture is very collaborative and everyone works really well together. Excellent training and perks including the opportunity to visit a European city for training as well as experience what it is like to work in another one of our offices around the world! I have been in recruitment for a long time, but RW genuinely care and look after all staff.

Cons

No cons for me at this stage

Robert Walters2019-10-02