RetailOn Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated 23 Oct 2015

2.7
RetailOn CEO  Ramesh Kumar (no image)
Ramesh Kumar
Pros
  • "You gota learn a lot but mainly in the ecommerce with magento only(in 8 reviews)

• "You will be getting the opportunity to work on the well known e-commerce platform Magento, which will be a great advantage for your future(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "And I wish to make a note here "Its a technology company " with no-electricity and internet connection for 30-40% of working hours(in 4 reviews)

• " time no (in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews

"An awesome company for a fresher"

4.0
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at RetailOn full-time

Pros

->nice work environment. ->great learning experience. ->Supporting and co-ordinating collegues

Cons

working hours are more schedule is hectic

RetailOn2015-10-23

"Learning, Growth, Exposure and Happiness :)"

5.0
    Current Employee - Lead Magento Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at RetailOn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning: I have worked on full cycle project starting from requirement gathering, Mockup designs, Customer communication to Development and Testing. Growth: I have started as Senior Magento Developer and Now I am Tech Lead Exposure: I worked for inhouse project, on site on client location. Happiness: I am happy to see the TV commercials of the brand which I have worked with.

Cons

Long Working hours: Company has 9:00 to 7:30 as working hour however I have worked late night on weekends. I am unmarried and I have nothing much to do on weekend.

RetailOn2015-10-08

"Active Learning, Thriving Start-up Culture, Better Peer groups and Real industry experience"

4.0

I have been working at RetailOn full-time

Pros

I will try to give a very honest feedback so that it helps people get the real picture. The best thing about working with a growing start-up company is the learning. In a structured company, you get less opportunities to learn as you are confined to just one role. Here in RetailOn, you always have to extend your limits which means you will learn a hell lot of things which you wouldn't have even cared about. And the peer group is fantastic and very supportive. Everyone helps everybody else. And you learn much more from your fellow employees. Another very good culture is a lot of encouragement and support is given to the performers. The salaries are hiked as soon as the management sees that you are justifying your potential and promise. Performers are moved up the value chain very fast. They are given a lot of responsibilities which would take years in other companies. Your career zooms forward very fast. And you get the pulse of the industry. Another good thing is company persists with people who have the right attitude but might be not delivering perfectly. Attitude is valued in the company. The good things about individuals are quickly spotted. And the last one but one of the most motivating factor for employees would be a hard working management. There are companies where CEOs & COOs just delegate all the work and have very light work schedule. Not here. Here, the CEO is often on the last person to leave the office. Team leads stay till their team members are working. Everyone working here can really get inspired by the hard work, commitment and persistence shown.

Cons

Working at a start-up comes with certain strings attached. If you are an efficient employee, you complete your work and go home on time. If you haven't completed, it is made sure you complete your work on the same day as the assigned date which means extending your timings and working hours. But this, in a way, builds efficiency by providing motivation for people to complete jobs on time. This inculcated habit might help individuals in future. If you don't perform, you will be switched to other roles where if you don't perform, you will be relieved of the job but that is the rule of how it happens in start-ups. Company is changing very fast because it's in a very dynamic industry. This is bringing very quick changes in the culture, tradition and ethos of the company. So, the working culture has changed from liberal to accommodative to inspiring to demanding. This is hard to accept for current employees but that is how companies scale up. Salaries are a little delayed but that's ok for a company which is still settling in groove. Company is a little inflexible for non-performers and severe to absconders. Basically if you are attuned to PSU culture, you may not fit in the company or find sailing very tough.

RetailOn2015-02-05

"is work more than your life on earth !? , Only then its for 'U'"

2.0
    Former Employee - Magento Developer (Associate) in Bangalore

I worked at RetailOn full-time for less than a year

Pros

challenging work environment, chances to learn new technologies every time !

Cons

Above mentioned challenges will be usually fixed above the everyone's capability, so that management ensures no projects delivered on time. Then comes to technologies, no top order management team are aware of technologies they work on. Besides, only they will manage the entire delivery of every project right from requirements to deployment. Moreover there would be no such methodologies even :P No knowledgeable person will be consulted on market analysis of projects or on bidding or on designing the projects. Not fit for freshers. But, unfortunately they recruit only freshers. Since, they could be easily trapped by their fake words and promises. Freshers who don't want training are free to join!! But, Of course, they'll fire you in 2-3 months. One more plus: :) if you are BE graduates, you could find managers of your age and if you are PG graduates it would be even worst. Yo'll be working under managers of two years less than you :P As these people are freshers, they are selected (only) based on their buttering capability. :D This would clearly show you that there should be no point of talking about company's work culture or work environment. Neither such clients as in portfolios nor such work locations, its just in bangalore and yes it is rented house ;) All the geeks inside the company are even not bothered for high level decisions in projects but they obviously gonna find fault at bottlenecks. As of I know, there is NO HISTORY of projects delivered on time (Sorry folks!) and NO returning clients which is more important for startups. If you want to live the life of orphan, you'll find place here. There is no place for availing even your allocated leaves and for sure company will have huge demand of resources only in festival days. I really have no idea how this happens, if u're more curious, get to our management and know the secret. Anyhow, if you're here, your family and festival times would be spent with no electricity and internet connection. And I wish to make a note here "Its a technology company " with no-electricity and internet connection for 30-40% of working hours. They expect this would not reflect in your productivity or relaxation towards business or billing hours or office timings especially. Company's tag is 'RetailOn is first family, then family' - should be followed throughout our career @ RetailOn. Imp note is: though you're considering as first family, no matter at any cause they ll not consider you (even ONCE)! Upon all, don't expect your salary on 1st day.. 1 week .. ohh. nooo.. till last week of the month..!! :) :) and be prepared to get funny advise if you ask for salary. Hope, every employee would felt like saying "Dude... ***"

RetailOn2014-11-20

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews