Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated 23 Mar 2020

3.2
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 48 reviews)

• "I have been a Dental Assistant for over 9 years and never thought that I would still learn so much in dentistry with so much of excitement(in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is so much turnover in management and associate dentists and false promises from the beginning(in 64 reviews)

• "Work life balance in some departments can be non existent(in 56 reviews)

1. "Blessed"

Operations Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services

Pros

I feel very blessed to work for such a great company and owner doctor. During a crisis of the current pandemic they’re taking care of employees to make sure they’re paid while not able to work . My respect for this company has heightened and I feel truly blessed to work for such great leaders.

Cons

No cons. It is what you make of it.

Pacific Dental Services2020-03-18
  2. "Be ready to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to several different business tools.

Cons

Sporadic projects, timelines, and tasks.

Pacific Dental Services2020-03-11
  3. "Wonderful company"

Current Employee - Regional Marketing Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have the best team and manager

Cons

Very fast paced and can sometimes feel overwhelming

Pacific Dental Services2020-03-09
  4. "Decent for new graduate"

Former Employee - Associate Dentist

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn to use CEREC, learning the business side of things, meeting other colleagues, metrics utilized for monitoring your performance and also office performance.

Cons

Work with other people who are not high caliber, clinical quality isn't evidence based or top notch, just average. They can tweak your production numbers to underpay you (watch out for that), they didn't pay me as an exempt employee when I should have been classified as such.

Pacific Dental Services2020-03-23

"Depends upon owner"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist in Wylie, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok place to work but compensation based on production and can be issue if not enough patients coming in

Cons

Corporate culture is hindrance to ethical treatment planning

Pacific Dental Services2020-03-02

"Entirely dependent on your owner doctor and manager."

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Great support from DSO, including corporate benefits (like discounts on tickets and memberships, good insurance, no cutting of hours, free CEs) *Owner docs have say over clinical decisions, and not some disembodied voice in another city or state

Cons

*PDS pushes you to work more more more, often to the breaking point of your clinicians, without any physical growth room available. They want you to work days before and after Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, etc. *The break/lunch room for a 20 person office can barely fit 4-5 people in there *They don't use temps, for the most part. Huge inconvenience.

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-07
  7. "Eh, itll do"

Former Employee - Operations Manager Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-flexibility if you're liked enough -meet good people and patients -OT while in training status because you're hourly. (they say its for 3-4 months but that's a joke. More like 6-12 months)

Cons

-fraud, that's why they hire people with no dental experience so they can beleive whatever they're told from the company and its people -upcharging patients -salesman for treatment -favoritism, if you want to get in the "good graces" with upper management party and gossip with them -"training program" is a joke -minimal work/life balance, be prepared to be there from sun up to sun down -LIED about "bonus" , most of the offices are in debt and before you see any real money all of the debt must be paid back

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-27
  8. "Company rating"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Novato, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have really Great benefits!

Cons

They are a corporate dental office, making it more about quantity rather than quality.

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-24
  9. "Great People, Growth Opportunities and Making a Difference!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I consider myself extremely lucky to be working for PDS and have greatly appreciated the friendly atmosphere, team support, and collaborative culture here. The company is growing rapidly and has great opportunities for career growth. In addition, this is a company that you can be proud to work for as they truly care about their patients and community and a culture of service is embedded in the values.

Cons

Parking can be difficult and the 401k matching could be higher

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-06
  10. "Supervisor (support)"

Former Employee - Leadership

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive, Good benefits, growing, philanthropic, good values and vision. Company has heart.

Cons

Not all departments fall in line with the CEOs vision. Department heads can be very cut throat and care more about their own success than the wellbeing of the patients or practices as a whole. Work life balance in some departments can be non existent. With the exception of come in early, stay late, work days off and heavily pushed to not utilize your vacation unless it's urgent.

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-18