OTM Group Reviews

1. 5.0

Working at OTM

Jan 23, 2020 - ICa in Auckland, Auckland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, positive energy, amazing boss (Mark), fun, relaxed-but competitive. I am still young so this job truly helped me develop people skills and confidence.

Cons

Honestly, the only downside is how much effort you put in affects how well you do. I only stopped working here because it wasn't the right fit for me but if you really want it you can go a long way.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for.

Sep 3, 2019 - Recruiter in Auckland, Auckland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great energy. Amazing positive people.

Cons

I had a positive experience, if you want to do well you just need to work hard.

3. 5.0

My work experience at OTM

Aug 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was part of the OTM Team for the past 9 months and really enjoyed working there. It is definitely not the normal 9-5 Job and you get out what you put in! This job teached me lots of valuable skills that I can use for future jobs and everyday life. The work atmosphere was definitely one of the main reasons for working at OTM. You really grow together as a team and especially in the beginning I got the needed support and training to succeed. Everyone was very motivated to reach goals and supported yours as well rather than competing between each other. As a backpacker I could adjust my working days to my free time and my travel plans. Trough my time here I met a lot of great and self driven people that showed me different perspectives in succeeding in work and everyday life as well. The CEO Mark was more than helpful and always looking out for each of us and trying to help where it was needed most to make sure we can reach our potential. He is more than just a boss that runs a business, he cares for the people as well and keeps a positive and healthy vibe up to make sure everyone feels part of the team. The road trips were always good fun and you had time to spend some time with people out of the work place. Every week we were working in different places over Auckland and I know the whole city a lot better and met very interesting personalities in the customers. Another thing I’d like to point out is that you don’t just follow a pitch and say what everyone says, you’re able to make your own and talk in a way that feels natural to you. Summarized I can totally recommend this job to everyone who looks for a challenge, has some self motivation and wants to learn and improve some skills. Thanks to the great Team and Mark who ensured that I had a great work experience in so many aspects!

Cons

It is from advantage to have a car to get to the different places, but it is definitely possible to manage everything over public transport like I did. You have to bring a good portion of self motivation, people can help you to keep up your attitude but you’re mainly the one who has to have the will to achieve.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Very great company

Aug 13, 2019 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team atmosphere, support, positivity great people

Cons

Small, sometimes difficult areas of work

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

2 years strong

Aug 1, 2018 - Team Leader in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for 2 years; got taken to Italy and had amazing support from the managing director and the other people within the office.

Cons

People who can't do sales blame the business rather than themselves for something the business puts time and effort into.

6. 5.0

Outstanding team culture & Job opportunity

Jul 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Learning advanced direct sales skills - Great team working environment - Massive opportunity in personal business knowledge and management - Great structure within the Business - Personal communication development - Positive and friendly culture

Cons

- Sometimes challenging but very rewarding

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Get paid what your worth!

Jul 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn skills to take into your next role, good career progression, the right people can also make great money. I’ve personally seen people make more money then their parents can make. I’ve seen people travel to the other side of the world through the progression side of the business. I’ve seen people build solid careers in other lines of employment after OTM Group in Real estate, Marketing, HR and even start up their own business. The potential is endless as long as you’re the right person.

Cons

It’s not for everyone, most people who succeed tend to have high self-motivation, an optimistic outlook, a great work ethic and are willing to sacrifice more hours to get the job done and hit or exceed targets. If you’re looking for an easy 9-5 job where you can chill DO NOT apply as I guarantee you this is not that job. This opportunity is perfect for people with an Entrepreneurial mindset as it teaches you key skills that are integral for growth and building essential business skills. As an employee that’s been established in this industry for awhile I can say confidently that most people who don’t earn enough money are normally unmotivated, disorganised and lazy when it comes to achieving targets and creating action for themselves.

8. 2.0

sales

May 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with people of a similar age

Cons

False sense of opportunity. Progression is all talk and not realistic in NZ.

9. 2.0

Sales

Apr 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meet heaps of cool people from around the world

Cons

A lot of hours and little pay Bad training All commission based so no base wage

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company culture in a challenging but ultimately rewarding environment

Jun 29, 2017 - Sales Person/Recruiter in Mount Eden
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at OTM Group for almost a year, both as a member of the sales team and a member of the administrative team. Having worked at both sides of the business, I found the experience to be overwhelmingly positive. As part of the sales team, my role was a customer-facing one, where I would often be on my feet speaking to people. The company culture is very much one of 'learn, re-learn and repeat'. My teammates and I were constantly being trained and re-trained, which instilled a 'there is always something more to learn' mentality amongst those of us who were successful. I found that I was always given the support I needed. More importantly, I learned many important skills (a lot of which I use in my current job and will undoubtedly use in future ones), from customer handling to mental fortitude. Sales incentives were also incredibly motivating and, for those of us who achieved them, highly rewarding. After working as a sales person I was offered a role as an administrative assistant. Here, I learned a different side of the business and was given all the support I needed to do so. What impressed me the most about being an OTM admin was that I was always encouraged to use my own creativity and initiative to work out strategies for how to get things done. This meant that not only did I learn, essentially, how the business worked and how it was ran, I also learned a lot about my own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to moving in the world of business. In addition to all this, a clear career path was shown for me in both roles, so I always understood that I was working toward progression, should that be what I wanted. On a more personal note, during my time at OTM, there was a death in my immediate family which meant that things in my life were very tumultuous for a while. Not only did my employers react to the news with compassion and kindness, giving me all the time off I needed to be be there for my family, they also offered their support as friends. This was by far the most compassionate bunch of people I have ever worked with, and they went above and beyond for me during what was easily the most difficult time of my life. OTM is not a company for people who like to phone it in - the people who do best here are people who work hard, are constantly engaged with a positive attitude and who always strive to achieve more and achieve better. This is definitely not the job for anyone looking for a standard 9-to-5 'sit in front of a computer all day and do nothing' type of workplace, and as with everything, you get out what you put in. OTM and the people who work there expect that you work hard, for them and for yourself - and the people that do are always rewarded.

Cons

As I've already mentioned, this job isn't for everyone - people need to be extremely self-motivated with a 'build myself from the ground up' attitude. This can be a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but I feel like this isn't at all a negative - you just have to be the right kind of person. Another con is that, particularly if you are in a salesperson role, you will need a car else life can get quite difficult. On certain idays you may also find yourself working late - but if you thrive in challenging environments you'll do great!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews