KVH Industries Reviews

Updated 29 Jun 2020

4.1
KVH Industries Chairman, President, and CEO Martin A. Kits van Heyningen
Martin A. Kits van Heyningen
Pros
  • "Everyone works really hard but there is work life balance(in 4 reviews)

• "Also, you can't beat working on an island(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very lean company without a lot of middle management so you work hard here and are pulled in many directions(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

KVH is constantly innovating its products and service offerings and pushing the technological boundaries in its core areas.

Cons

KVH sometimes tackle one too many projects at once overloading the resources.

"I've never worked at a place like KVH"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Middletown, RI

I worked at KVH Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Innovative Company - Inertial Nav esp. - Friendly work culture - frequent hellos and goodbyes by fellow KVHers - nice people in general. - Modern technology is everywhere - Decent amount of data to work with - across departments - No lack of projects. In fact, there's a lot of work to be done - Anytime Fitness member perk that is also right next door - Yoga and Meditation classes on site - Nice, well kept campus - Decent Pay - You get a bonus - Good Benefits - Highly corporate culture, if you're into that kinda thing. - The CEO is cordial - There's a spaceship coffee machine...there really should be more than one. Shhhhhh don't be too loud! There's a demo in the media center! - Treats on Fridays - Ruffles, Goldfish, M&Ms, Cheesepuffs(seriously tho?), soft drinks, hard drinks, and big jenga. - Free lunch one day a month where they do a raffle - Career pathing and advancement opportunities are emerging - "Open door policy-ish" - You interact with a ton of stakeholders and directors - In a good location if you're local to Aquidneck Island.

Cons

- General feeling of discombobulation, and suspicion across departments - and across the pond. - One is heard, but not listened to - Hard work is acknowledged, but not rewarded - Little budget for employee education - Lots of hallway chatter/politics - Pretty conservative

Continue reading

"Great Company in a Great Location in RI"

Current Employee - Manager in Middletown, RI

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hard-working employees at all levels with heart for the company and the customer. Lots of talented individuals dedicated to doing the best they can do for the customer. Lots of exciting initiatives and everyone is always pushing to do more. Management is hands-on.

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like.

4. "Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, RI

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

KVH is a great company for so many reasons. I am always learning and working in new projects. Folks here are super smart, creative and live what they do! KVH really does value their employees. Managers want you to be successful. It is a very collaborative environment. Everyone works really hard but there is work life balance. People stay here for a while. Comp and benefits are competitive. Just over all a great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of

Continue reading

"Top employer in the North East offering challenging, exciting, and meaningful work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Middletown, RI

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working within the marketing department at KVH has been an engaging and career-enhancing opportunity. I can honestly say that I enjoy coming into work each day and collaborating with smart colleagues in a challenging, healthy, and dynamic work environment. It’s fulfilling to know that our products and the work we do make a difference in the lives of our customers. As a global industry leader, our satellite products, internet service, sensors, and inertial systems help power safer and productive operations for the maritime and defense industry. They also improve the qualify of life and boost morale for global seafarers. KVH products continue to evolve and expand and offer employees endless opportunities to learn and grow. Management is encouraging, considerate, and supportive of a healthy work-life balance. The benefits and employee perks at KVH are very generous. In addition to the wonderful health and 401k offerings, employees enjoy weekly Friday happy hours and monthly catered lunches. Our offices are clean and modern, and I enjoy the ergonomic sit-stand desks.

Cons

No defined work from home opportunities

"Innovative Fast-Paced Company"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative, always looking for ways to drive the business with technology and business model innovation Great culture of people - incredibly smart, we work together well as a team, excellent place to work Global - we have video conferences for every meeting, so employees across the globe are connected real-time

Cons

Compared to other places I have worked, this is an incredible company. No cons.

7. "Great atmosphere and fast-paced work environment"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Middletown, RI

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Department heads are extremely helpful and want you to ask questions when you are unsure of new problems. There is limited micromanagement. You are expected to start and learn quickly, but the fast-paced environment is exciting rather than hectic. Your days go by quickly.

Cons

There should be more interaction between all departments.

"Micro Managers manage the Micro Managers"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Middletown, RI

I worked at KVH Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

small business feel if that's what you like

Cons

Micro-management ... horrible atmosphere. Would not recommend it to anyone.

"Managed by husband and wife"

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time

Pros

it has a parking lot

Cons

Micro management to a degree that is shocking "lifers" who protect their turf by churning employees; no advancement opportunities Managed by family members; no adherence to standard corporate governance

10. "Very very good company"

I have been working at KVH Industries full-time

Pros

Values their employees and offers training opportunities. Also alot of opportunities for promotion

Cons

Not many pay reviews although when asking for a pay rise, management are very quick to respond

Found 60 reviews