Insight Global Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated 20 Oct 2019

4.1
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean
Pros
  • "They landed me a internship with a great company(in 302 reviews)

• "The work environment genuinely feels like a study room in college with some close friends(in 267 reviews)

Cons
  • "That also means you will not get any support from your account manager or the company(in 173 reviews)

• "Long hours with little pay, not great work life personal life balance(in 131 reviews)

"Read Carefully"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently. If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on... average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

Insight Global2018-01-30
  2. "Insight Global WORKS!!"

Current Employee - Contractor in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

The facilities are all modern, secure and exquisitely maintained.

Cons

While I'm only starting my 3rd week employed, I have found nothing negative about my experiences. I'm quite satisfied.

Insight Global2019-10-20
  3. "Phenomenal experience interacting with these young professionals."

I have been working at Insight Global

Pros

Ashley and Kendal were on point and worked hard to place me with a great employer. I am very grateful to them. When you are looking for a new position you want these women helping you out.

Cons

Nothing always a great attitude

Advice to Management

It is important to show appreciation for those that help grow your company these women will help you do that.

Insight Global2019-10-18
  4. "Very supportive team and fast process."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Very supportive team and fast process.Had great experience with Hannah Taylor and her team of Insight Global. They are quick in response and really helpful on arranging required things. Hearty appreciate their work and recommend to others.

Cons

They having lots of good opportunities.

Insight Global2019-10-16
  5. "Awesome team and perfectly fitting opportunities!"

Former Employee - Junior Data Scientist in Boston, MA

I worked at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a really solid network of clients. I got a direct hire from through them, process took start-to-end about 3 weeks. Recruiters and account managers are super nice as well as very helpful.

Cons

No cons. Everything was super smooth.

Advice to Management

I never heard of IG prior to the recruiter reached out to me. I would advice on bit more marketing and PR for having such an awesome team

Insight Global2019-10-11
  6. "Good Opportunity"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Insight Global full-time

Pros

-Great people to work with

Cons

-my commute was really long

Insight Global2019-10-09
  7. "Excellent Hiring Process"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the professional and hard work the team executed for my hiring process

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Great work!

Insight Global2019-10-08
  8. "Hands off subcontracting"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a subcontractor, the only contact I had with them was to send in my weekly timesheets.

Cons

I missed one email and ended up not getting signed up for benefits in time. No followup on anything except timesheets.

Advice to Management

Doing some sort of check to ensure employees are aware of important deadlines outside of just timesheets would be beneficial.

Insight Global2019-10-17

"Great place to start out of college!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot! You learn how to cold call become and young professional. It is a great first job out of college! They hold your hand every step of the way to help you succeed. Everyone in the office is straight out of college as well so you make friends easy and everyone is nice.

Cons

I worked at Insight for almost and year and here is my honest opinion. NO work life balance at all. You are chained to your desk from 7:30am-5pm. You get 1 hour for lunch and not a minute more. Very immature work environment. Its like a grad school for greek life. The turnover is unbelievable, they probably have the highest turnover rate among big companies in the country. You will sit at you desk for 9 hours and... make call after after call. Dont let the corporate recruiter sell you on the happy hours and client meetings at baseball games etc. You are lucky if you get to do that kind of stuff once every two weeks as a recruiter. It is an absolute GRIND day in and day out. If you put in the work for 8 months to a year you will get promoted and depending on your territory you have the ability to make really good money but it is far and few between. If you are looking for a good stepping stone I recommend working here. I would say the average insight Global employee last less than a year before moving onto there next opportunity. They promise you the world but it is not what they say it is! Happy Staffing ;)

Advice to Management

The management at Insight Global is really good. They help you in anyway possible and will always give you good feedback!

Insight Global2019-10-11
  10. "Good Company - Young Management"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insight Globals' culture was great, everyone was super young.

Cons

Didn't care about recruiters only account managers.

Insight Global2019-10-15