Ferring Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Ferring Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated 8 Nov 2019

2.9
Ferring Pharmaceuticals CEO Frederik Paulsen (no image)
Frederik Paulsen
Pros
  • "Nimble; Good work/life balance; diverse workplace; positive culture focused on people vs chasing numbers to meet Wall St expectations(in 15 reviews)

• "good culture, foccused on the interpersonal respect ("people come first")(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "senior management rigid, Manpower resource(in 8 reviews)

• "Have 1 day work from home policy but many have been doing that and more for years which brings this to what others have commented(in 5 reviews)

1. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Small Pharma Company -Compliant to protect their employees -Managers care -Good pay and benefits

Cons

-As with any growth, company culture changes slightly -Each division operates in silos - so ones opinion about urology may not be valid for fertility

Advice to Management

advice to employees: you have no idea how good you have it. Be thankful instead of complaining.

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-11-07
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always been good to me

Cons

Lack of communication from upper management

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-10-31
  3. "Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Clinical Quality Coordinator

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, 7.5 hr workday, standing desk

Cons

Poor leadership skills, poor management, no work from home option

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-10-16
  4. "Entrepreneurial, Friendly and People-Focused"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Parsippany, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nimble; Good work/life balance; diverse workplace; positive culture focused on people vs chasing numbers to meet Wall St expectations. Flexible schedules for working parents

Cons

Smaller product portfolio across business divisions.

Advice to Management

Invest more in clinical and BD for future growth

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-08-18

"Do not work at Ferring"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Pros

You are free to make any mistakes

Cons

You can make any mistakes

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-09-10

"Small company ran like typical Big Parma"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open lines of communication, good benefit package.

Cons

The communication lines are open but corporate does not listen or is extremely slow to act. Sales Metrics overload. Metrics need to be in place but here they are at the cost of moving business forward. There are many Big pharma mindsets at the corporate office. I have hope with new CEO PN but BR has ran the morale of the field to the bottom. Pipeline looks promising but the history of Ferring’s pipeline is... many products do not come to market. Ferring is exactly what you would find at Big Pharma, ran by prior Big Pharma executives. For the most part they all think alike which squashes any creativity, agility and differentiation.

Advice to Management

I have been at Ferring for a while, I loved this company. I understand some things need to change but Ferring has lost its culture, it’s not a unique place to work anymore. It’s just like the others. Many corporate executives can stubborn, and set in their previous ways. Be different Ferring, be what you use to be, take risks, listen to the needs of the field, be creative and care about your employees like you used... too.

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-08-08

"Get rid of the stench and people will stay!"

Former Employee - Marketing in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's still a fun place to work. Adding new products and moving through the growing pains

Cons

OMG. Why does senior management not understand why people leave the HO?

Advice to Management

Have someone in Sr. management do a few exit interviews instead of just HR going through the motions to check a box on the check-out list. The person who's causing the defections will become obvious.

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-08-02
  8. "Age old management"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance and employee friendly policies

Cons

Poor top management, doesn't have any vision, centralized decision making

Advice to Management

Bring up the younger people

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-08-03

"Sad development"

Former Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Promising pipeline, privately held, global company with international opportunities

Cons

Very high turnover due to toxic culture with bullying and lies which has escalated with the new executive management team.

Advice to Management

Resign.

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-07-25

"Avoid. It’s not a good place to work."

Former Employee - Clinical Operations in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and good PTO (if you can actually take the time off with your workload)

Cons

It’s hard to articulate just how toxic the environment was when I worked here, and everything I’ve heard from former colleagues indicates it has not changed. Every couple months another person leaves. Same toxic culture, less and less experienced people coming in to take their place. Not a recipe for success. Yet the most toxic person of all is still there, still managing people. A classic Jekyll and Hyde - all... sunshine when it serves her agenda, then the true colors come out to show a bitter, vindictive person with no integrity, a bully who takes credit for other people’s work and holds them back, all while convincing herself and others that she is the victim. Until that poison is purged, I will not in good faith let anyone I care about accept a job there. I’ve already convinced one person who was thinking about it not to, and strongly suggest you consider any other options you have, because your career will suffer from working here. My spirit was so broken by the time I left this place that it took me months to rebuild the confidence I lost working here. But because I moved on to a great job at a great company with a supportive culture that values its employees, I found my voice and self confidence again and am as happy as ever. My experience at Ferring made me deeply grateful that I work in a place where I’m treated with dignity and respect, where my passion and investment in my work is seen as a great asset and not something to be squashed. Everyone deserves dignity and respect. My experience taught me that’s not something Ferring can offer, at least not with the current management in place.

Advice to Management

Read above. You need to eliminate the people that make the environment as toxic as it is.

Ferring Pharmaceuticals2019-08-15