Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

William Fatt
  1. "front desk agent"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Lake Louise, AB

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice benefit and super good location for outdoor activities.

Cons

All good, just need drive around 2.5 hours to Calgary

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2019-04-09
  2. "Has great benefits"

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Has amazing employee benefits, the employees get along well, and they pay decently.

Cons

Upper management, no tools to succeed further, stressful, and it's always understaffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and more adequate managers that would be able to handle the job

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2018-08-14
  3. "I love the Claremont, many great perks such as employee discounts and access to facilities on off hours"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Claremont, CA

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

The luxury, connections, discounts, and access to quick advancement into management positions. There are also many great opportunities on the company website that offer academic aid and other cool benefits.

Cons

Not many, my job is fantastic. I look forward to work everyday and keep smiling. However, some guests can be sour grapes and that is no fun. We also have members and many you will build a great connection with, others not so much.

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2017-11-07

"Fairmont gulag,favoritism, mass dysfunction, zero support, lots of stress. Started out lovely, ends terrible. Be warned"

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, commissions, good colleagues, free lunches, destination rates, nice properties, fun to meet people from all over the world.

Cons

Management is aloof, incompetent and distant. Very much an us and them culture. HR is confrontational and bumbling. Most "managers" are actually interns still in college who are under contract and run departments with zero work experience. Employees are very disposable, very high turnaround , very high burnout. Your hours are routinely cut due to managers getting a bonus for coming in under budget for work hours . Meaning...

Advice to Management

Sell the property to a 3 star company. With the current formula , management has presided over a 50 percent loss in revenue for this year. Those figures are avaliable online. Staff is overworked , disrespected and retaliated against for complaints. Majority of guests are low wage , low information and socially inept, due to the lowering of rates to an average of about 100 dollars. Not a "luxury" brand at all with over...

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2017-08-29

"good culture"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Clapham, London, England

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts for more than a year

Pros

Recommends Positive Outlook Approves of CEO I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years) Pros Amazing chain to work for: they look after their staff so well! Long hours and a lot is expected from you, but you get rewarded with so much more than a pay check every month. Great employee discounts, great staff food for free,

Cons

Only two hotels in the UK which limits UK opportunities, but if you're able to travel then Fairmont makes the world your oyster!

Advice to Management

A big thank you for making it so rewarding to work for Fairmont. Everyone has good days and bad days, but this chain makes hospitality a rewarding job!

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2017-04-10

"I find it ironic fair is in their name"

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Always have hours, great front desk workers, pay(when honored) is great. Once you get passed your 90 days are set

Cons

Make sure when quoted hourly rate that it is indeed immediate and not in 6 months. The union does very little to protect employees from getting unfairly disciplined. If you're under your 90 days and your boss or hr doesn't like you it's the kiss of death. Very few supervisors support you. Schedule is not set unless you're there from 20 to 30 years. The one minute late policy vs calling in is insane and very broken.

Advice to Management

The system is broken, I wish home office would see how many departments go through employees like Kleenex, the problem isn't the line level workers it's the management itself, they need to get rid of them and the current hr team and start anew. The scores would go up and line level morale would go up for sure. This place definitely isn't what they seemed like when I interviewed there.

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2016-05-15
  7. "Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

wage rate and travel benefits are great

Cons

accommodation in some resort areas are not for a long-term employment

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2015-12-15
  8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and move around. Helpful leadership. Good Money and vacation. Great travel deals.

Cons

None that I can think of. You have to work hard, and the standards are very high, but that's the business we're in!

Advice to Management

Ty and get to know the employees on a more personal level. Mentorship like that is more motivating!

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2015-05-15

"Run For The Hills!!!!!"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hotel discounts... sort of!, cool ppl to work with .... sort of

Cons

CRAZY SCHEDULING! one day it could be 6-2, the next 8-4, 10 pm -7am, back to 3-11, No true room for growth

Advice to Management

Don't hide things from your team! Be more involved with the team as far as help! Don't sit in the back and watch cameras the entire shift! Are you front desk mgr. Or security

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2015-02-26
  10. "Best company to work"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Pros

Treats employees great Great pay Room for growth Management program

Cons

Union Weird hours because of seniority

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more when something is brought up about a colleague or a job opportunity

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts2015-01-22