Yowza Animation - very disorganized | Glassdoor.co.nz

"very disorganized"

I have been working at Yowza Animation full-time

Pros

Fun project and some friendly people.

Cons

I should had researched them better before taking the job. Yowza was a well known studio in the Toronto animation industry, but this is a different studio. The original Yowza that worked on the feature films supposedly dissolved a few years ago. Recently Heather Walker acquired the name and opened a new studio. Although the project I work on is a fun, the studio itself is hands down the most disorganized and poorly... managed place I have ever seen. Some departments are barely working while others are in constant crunch mode. It is stressful to say the least.

Advice to Management

Don't put people with zero experience in management positions.

Yowza Animation2016-08-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Reality check"

I have been working at Yowza Animation full-time

Pros

Great looking show and decent location.

Cons

The reason I decided to write this review is the infuriating review bashing any criticism and denying that anything is wrong with the company. This was without a doubt written by the management / family and only illustrates their level of delusion. I have worked for many studios over the years and am no stranger to crunch-times, but when crunch-time becomes the norm then it's time for reflection. Considering a... crazy schedule, extreme stress, mandatory unpaid overtime and no time for social life "normal" is very, very, very sad and speaks volumes about the reviewer.

Advice to Management

"A bad boss can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose all motivation." The high turnover among your senior staff should be a hint.

Yowza Animation2017-02-09

"It was decent"

Current Contractor - 2D Animator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Yowza Animation for less than a year

Pros

A lot of talented and smart people. Good workplace. You'll be dealing with some of the best supervisors and leads in your department.

Cons

Lot of nepotism from what I can remember. I remembered time management was incredibly chaotic and episodes would either be behind schedule or animators would struggle to finish heavy work loads because of that. Seems people have their own cliques as well, and you just feel like, if you're not part of a clique, you're bound to not be talking to anyone during your employment there.

Advice to Management

Make it an environment where everyone is welcomed and appreciated for their work. Don't hire incompetent (or unqualified) people.

Yowza Animation2019-06-12

Discover more reviews about Yowza Animation.