McMillan - A great place to work | Glassdoor.co.nz
  1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've loved working at McMillan. The people are great - hardworking, fun and caring. I have always felt supported by the management team. My direct manager has my back and has coached me through many situations. She's always available to listen and offer advice. We do work overtime every now and then, but McMillan definitely strives for a good work-life balance. I know that if someone raises the flag that they're... overwhelmed, support will be provided and people will work together to find a solution. We work hard but are compensated in many ways - end of year bonuses, offsite trips, free drink cart/lunches, fun events. The office is closed between Christmas/New Years and on holidays. McMillan also invests in their employees' growth through counselling and conferences.

Cons

Some of the managers do not follow process. It's difficult to keep things moving along while some of the key decision makers in the campaign process are doing their own thing. Also, of the Creative Directors can be very difficult to get ahold of for direction or answers.

Advice to Management

Enforcing process among managers and creative directors. This will also cut back on people working additional overtime, as the account team/studio team can work to balance workload.

McMillan2017-02-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unique, supportive and well-balanced culture"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at McMillan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The agency was founded in 1996. So it is young enough to be fresh, exciting and open to new ideas. But it is established enough to have a solid HR function, well-trained and supportive managers, and an excellent work-life balance. As an agency, the clients' needs can often tip that balance during busy times but the agency is very accommodating to balance things out appropriately. It is a very fun, laid-back yet... professional environment. And with clients across the US and Europe, there are opportunities for more global exposure--and from time to time, travel.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are actually consistent with any creative agency of that size (80 people, +/-). Internal communication can be challenging and the inherent 'tension' that can exist between clients and creative pops up now and again.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the amazing culture that exists. Develop talent from within the ranks.

McMillan2017-05-05
  2. "Amazing"

Former Intern - Freelance Translator in Lima, Lima Region

I worked at McMillan

Pros

At McMillan they take cancer very seriously

Cons

Enter at least five words for Cons

Advice to Management

Drink less coffee

McMillan2019-11-07

Discover more reviews about McMillan.