Hastings Direct - Great place to work | Glassdoor.co.nz
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Hastings Direct part-time

Pros

- Treated equally and fairly. - Plenty of support from coaches and managers. - Good pay and plenty of benefits. - Relaxed working environment. - Wear what you like (as long as its appropriate). - Flexible working hours

Cons

- Extremely repetitive when taking calls. - Progression can be difficult as it is about who you know

Hastings Direct2019-03-01

Hastings Direct Response

March 4, 2019Recruitment Media and Events Executive

Thanks for your review! If you would like to leave any further feedback please email RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

1. "Good overall but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Quality Assessor in Leicester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All my direct managers over the years have been great, genuinely caring for the welfare of their teams. The company offers good benefits, shifts have changed for the better since I was on the phones, and there are flexible working options in some roles. The absolute best thing is the people who work here as they make coming into the office so much more enjoyable.

Cons

From an outside perspective it appears there are major problems in the Renewals department - staff on the frontline there have over the last 12 months come under increased commercial pressure and targets, driving bad behaviours and decreasing morale. The Quality department needs a whole extra team of people to meet demand but there is no likelihood of this being provided. These problems are typical of many call... centre based environments but have increased in the Renewals department compared with how things used to be. Higher up there have been a few management "restructures" which don't give great confidence in direction/state of the business.

Advice to Management

Remember the importance of quality over quantity, not rushing into changes and invest where it's needed.

Hastings Direct2019-09-14
  2. "Great flexibilty and rewards"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bexhill, England

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love how a true work/life balance is promoted at Hastings Direct. I have 2 days a week to work from home, and recently I had a 2 day increase on my annual leave, plus I can purchase up to 3 more days if needed! It is a fast paced, growing business, with a lot of great transformational activity underway - can't wait to see what the future brings.

Cons

Only tip - allow enough time for the great changes that are in scope, we can sometimes move too fast

Hastings Direct2019-09-11

Discover more reviews about Hastings Direct.