Ellucian Reviews

Ellucian President and CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
  1. "Good"

5.0

I have been working at Ellucian full-time

Pros

Nothing much to emphasize on

Cons

Everything is good as per company standard

2. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Thus company is committed to their employee's ongoing training. Always provides ways to up your skillset as well as a strong leadership team. Always helpful to push you forward in your career!

Cons

I have no cons, unfortunately. It has been a great experience working for them!

3. "Review"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment to work. People first approach.

Cons

None at this time. Everything is good.

4. COVID-19

"Exciting place to be, bright future ahead"

Current Employee - Product Management in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

An organization with the right leadership in place to make a real difference for our customers and their needs. The strategy and vision are in place to help transform and propel higher education overall. Very focused on employees by providing great benefits, flexibility and a good work/life balance, especially during these challenging times. I’m excited for what the future holds for us.

Cons

There have been some reorganizations over the past couple of years; however, this is typical with a company that is transformative. A growth area for some individuals/teams is to understand that the only constant in life is change. A challenge (at times) with adoption of outside the box thinking due to the resistance of change.

5. COVID-19

"Transparency through tough times"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership team has regular all-hands updates and Q&A as we all adapt to impact of COVID-19. Making necessary hard choices to try to avoid layoffs, with a huge amount of customer base facing huge near-term impact and possible real long-term impact. I appreciate leadership facing all employees regularly and taking questions during this time with so much uncertainty. Also, leadership at all levels encouraging everyone to put their mental, emotional and physical well-being at top of mind, and their families. Everyone is adapting to new, challenging schedules.

Cons

Employees at all levels challenged by acute needs of customers in this moment versus the demands and personal/family pressures of COVID-19.

6. COVID-19

"Transformed company, strong strategy"

Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong product leadership, strategy, and customer focus have strengthened Ellucian to the core. Over the past few years, the company's culture and a renewed focus on employees has been provoking creative solutions at all levels of the organization. Over the past few months with COVID-19, the Executive team has been regularly communicating with the full staff. I have been impressed with the level of compassion and sincerity. The company has been extraordinarily flexible, understanding of our family challenges and supportive during these difficult times. I am excited about our bright future and proud to work at Ellucian.

Cons

Some individuals within the company are resistive of change, negative, and put up barriers without merit. Ideally, the organization would be step up attrition to promote growth.

"Best Company"

Current Employee - CSM in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome benefits and one of the best company.

Cons

There are no cons about the company.

8. COVID-19

"Corona Virus Champs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are in a difficult time right now. A lot is changing in the work force and the unemployment rate is rising. I have to say, I have been very happy with the leadership team at Ellucian during this time. They have communicated openly and transparently by hosting company-wide check-ins. The leadership understands there is a life beyond work and is supporting it. Work-Life Balance has kept me here.

Cons

Leadership changes have been made and there has been turnover. I personally think that it is going to drive growth in the long-term. You just need to be ready for change if you work here.

Continue reading
  9. "Enjoying the challenge to drive change"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Empowerment to own my job. Support and clarity from leadership team. Flexibility and great benefits

Cons

Honestly this is difficult for me, of course there are times you are never 100% happy with little parts of your day. But for me, I have not experienced anything that would cause me concern.... yes there are disagreements, challenges and difficult tasks, but in my experience I have always been treated with respect and understanding.

10. "Grate Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance Opportunities

Cons

Rewards and recognition. Not so competitive benefits.

Found 657 reviews