Ebury Partners Employee Reviews about "starting salary"

Updated Jun 10, 2020

Found 7 of over 539 reviews

3.7
Ebury Partners Co-CEOs and Founders Juan Lobato & Salvador Garcia  (no image)
Juan Lobato & Salvador Garcia
Pros
  • "Really good team working environment(in 19 reviews)

• "Fast-paced, dynamic, meritocratic culture, great people(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It could be more flexible with working hours(in 13 reviews)

• "No benefits for staff apart from salary(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "starting salary"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Agile, meritocratic and people oriented

Jun 10, 2020 - Operations Team Manager in Málaga
      Business Outlook

Pros

Looking for efficiency based on technology, trying to avoid mechanic work, which also means they are looking for the highest value an employee can provide to the company. Operations teams work very closely to the IT team, building together new features to face the always increasing growth. Mindset of ambition as a company. Looking for constant feedback in order to be as aligned as possible with employees. People who demonstrate commitment are rewarded for their effort.

Cons

Low starting salary (although it is increased signficantly with good performance). Communication within the company is another improvement area.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced environment in a rapidly growing Fintech

Feb 11, 2020 - Business Development in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Meritocratic environment with a young team all wanting to be successful. Good backing from HQ able to utilise the resources of a global, well established business.

Cons

Starting salary and overall package isn't great (ie healthcare etc) Commission structure and salary gets better with promotion

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Its amazing people make Ebury a great company to work for

Feb 9, 2020 - Operations Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young team, great atmosphere, lots of opportunities for growth, constant learning. You feel your hard work pays off.

Cons

Not much to list here. My personal experience has been really good. To mention something, starting salary might seem a bit low, but it changes rapidly once you demonstrate hard work and dedication.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Keep looking for something better than this

Aug 13, 2019 - Operations Analyst in Málaga
      Business Outlook

Pros

International environment, great colleagues and good location in Málaga

Cons

First and foremost, the salary conditions are the poorest between the poorest. If you have the opportunity to work in another sector I strongly recommend you to do so. It won't take you long to find something better than Ebury in Málaga. Indeed, the starting salary is less than 13k per year and they promise you "exciting" salary reviews every six months (they will tell you that they're one of the few companies that do so, but KEEP READING). Most of the times they won't even increase your salary by 0,0000001% due to excuses such as "We need to harmonise the team's salaries so we appreciate your hard work but receives 0K", etc. They well aware of this but prefer to turn a blind eye. Don't let yourself get carried away with expressions like "We offer a competitive package with biannual salary reviews" or "We pay better than the competency..". You can earn more as a cashier in a supermarket. Leaving money aside, another point I wanted to emphasise on is the fear-based culture. As in other reviews from former employees from Ebury, you are warned with the expiration of your contract to do your best. Almost anyone in the office has seen a colleague being fired without being given a proper explanation. Don't expect to exercise your rights as a worker or you'll end up in the bad-list of employees (haha but true). and this is basically what put me off!

8 people found this review helpful

Ebury Partners Response

Employee Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we are sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. We would like to reassure you that salaries are based on a market bench-marking activity that we carried out last year. This is an activity that we plan on completing annually so that we remain market competitive. We have also recently launched a new career path structure for our Malaga Operations team, where staff have career and salary progression opportunities based on their hard work and achievements. We also appreciate your comments about our culture. The company places huge value on its employees, and our culture is something that we are very proud of and we are placing significant focus on this year with new initiatives and staff training. We take feedback very seriously and would like to assure you that we are constantly working to improve the employee experience across Ebury.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great young Fintech Company

Nov 21, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Málaga
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great, young & dynamic company to work for. Great atmosphere with loads of recreational areas, snacks, drinks and food is provided at the office. Usually several little engagement activities throughout the month and bigger ones during the year.

Cons

Depending on position and experience starting salary may be perceived as a little low, but there are loads of fast growth and development opportunities.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Disappointed with the company - One of the worst experiences of my life

Sep 14, 2018 - Operations in Málaga
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Young team - They are good at internal marketing (even if fake). Example. Celebrate your 1-year anniversary to kick you out the following week - Free coffee

Cons

- Poor salary and terrible reward system. Starting salary of less than 13k per year with the promise of a raise after the first year. If you manage to resist the first year they may offer you a contract and an insignificant raise that will translate into less money in your account due to taxes. Overtime hours will not be paid (but you will have to perform them). - Highly pressured and demanding environment. Expect administrative, monotonous, tedious and repetitive tasks at the Operation team. Shame-based management over mistakes even during your first month, they will use the expiration of your contract to threaten you. - Terrible management: low morale, little support and micro-management to stupid levels of detail. Usually young manager with a fast growing career at the company, that translates into lack of profesionalism and little no interest in their employees – just in meeting targets. - Fear-based culture: just keep doing without demanding or asking about your rights or career development. Employees are fired without warning - nor feedback.

14 people found this review helpful

Ebury Partners Response

Engagement Officer

Thank you for your comments, we would like to provide our feedback for the points that you raised. Our salaries for the Operations team are carefully monitored to ensure that we pay the same, or more, as our competitors. We also take the location of the role into consideration, and award discretionary bonuses on a regular basis. We maintain that overtime hours are not expected of staff, however from time to time staff may continue working until a task is complete in order to help another team, in which case it is their own decision to do so. Regarding the role itself, we explain what each Operations Team role comprises of at interview stage, and we are sorry to hear you did not find the role stimulating. We acknowledge that some of our managers are less experienced than others, and this is something we are currently improving through more and better training and support. Your comments about our management "threatening" staff, however, are cause for concern. We would be grateful if you could provide us with further information about this by contacting our senior HR team confidentially at hr@ebury.com We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tough for a fresh Grad

Dec 6, 2016 - Business Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some great people at the company both at management level and at entry level. Most of the people that I worked with were all quite young which led to a social atmosphere, with most people going for drinks on a friday evening after work had finished. Good banter in the office as long as you can take a joke and don't take yourself too seriously. Company also spent a lot of money on the Christmas party and rented out a really nice place in Mayfair.

Cons

To put it simply it is an FX company and there are a lot of FX Brokers out there doing exactly the same thing. Ebury does is best to differentiate itself from other FX companies but its not an easy sell and is a big dive in at the deep end for anyone new to sales like I was. Understandably the focus is on hitting targets, but at the time I was there actual targets were somewhat undefined, our daily target was 120mins in call time a day, but number of actual prospects etc wasn't defined. Pay was very low at the time with 20k as the starting salary with the promise of quick promotion if you performed well but very few people got promoted. Although starting salary was defined from the beginning. Working hours were very long, it was 8-5:30 and you were expected to call from 9-5 just to meet your call time target so you had to look for companies to ring the next day while you were at home just to keep up and have somebody to call the next day. The Business development job is sold to fresh grads because they are considered cheap labour and generally have much lower expectations, but I would advise grads not to take this job unless they have sales experience and have actually enjoyed a sales job, because this is tough entry into that world.

6 people found this review helpful