Doubledot Media Reviews

1. "Cheap company"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Software Developer

I worked at Doubledot Media

Pros

Remote work & flexibility Family culture

Cons

Worked for DDM as a contractor. Don't expect to be paid much. Maybe the family culture makes it up, but there are many other companies out there that pay better and don't question your work.

2. "Great company with very nice and approachable people!"

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I couldn’t believe at first when I was told we were going to do our training in person! All expenses paid and we got to bond with our coworkers. It really paved the way to making us comfortable working with each other.

Cons

Additional incentives would be great but no other cons I can think of at the moment.

3. "Amazing Company :) Glad to be part of it."

Current Contractor - Web Developer in Manila, Manila

I have been working at Doubledot Media for less than a year

Pros

Everything is well documented and organized. I appreciate how they communicate within the company and how they value their employees.

Cons

There is nothing negative I have in mind and experience so far.

4. "A Kind and Compassionate Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Apalit

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I started, they already made me feel like part of the family. They will care about you and your family's welfare. They will treat you like a human being not just an employee - which is very rare nowadays. They make sure to check on you and seek your suggestions/feedback. They are very considerate when you ask or request things from them. This company is a company to work with for the long run!

Cons

Lack of incentives - Night differential pay (working at graveyard shift), Incentives or bonuses for high performing employees.

Continue reading

CEO

Thanks for the lovely review, we are indeed a family :)

5. "The best choice I've made in a while"

Current Contractor - User Experience Designer in Córdoba

I have been working at Doubledot Media for less than a year

Pros

I haven't been working in this company for a long time yet, but it's been enough time to realize that start working here was the best choice. I love the freedom and trust they promote, always expecting the best, with responsibility and care. I live in Argentina, so there's like 10k km between us, but they make me feel as if they were just around the corner.

Cons

Honestly... no cons at all.

"Pretty cool company to remote work for"

Current Employee - Digital Marketer

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staffs and the CEO are very friendly and easy to talk to. Generally, you can set your working hour as long as it's communicated beforehand. salary payment is fast and convenient (though you lose a bit because of paypal fee). You can get work done without much distraction/drama + all the benefits of remote working.

Cons

It's harder to foster deep relationships with your colleagues if you're an introverted person working remotely, since you can't really "hang out". There's delay in communication as well if the colleague you're working with is in a different time zone/working period. But overall not a deal breaker, and the CEO is always helpful and very responsive to any queries.

CEO

Thanks for the review and feedback :) Hopefully the move to Slack will help with the communication delays a little as it can be one of the downfalls in a completely distributed team unless we never let you sleep ;)

7. "A Model for Other Companies & Business Owners"

Current Contractor - Amazon Product Manager

I have been working at Doubledot Media

Pros

This is one of my favorite companies to have worked with. The CEO gives a healthy amount of autonomy and trust that the job will be performed of high quality, and that alone makes me highly motivated to work hard to ensure that the trust is well-placed. I also really respect that despite having a large team, the CEO takes care to spend some time on ground-level, and gives early projects and experiments his attention and support where needed, even if it only needs some checking in to say hello at times (the members-only Facebook group for example). I haven’t had the opportunity to meet with all of the team, as they all live in different parts of the world, but those who I have met are all very friendly, talented, highly intelligent people. Would be great to meet with them sometime!

Cons

I currently can’t think of any downsides of working with Doubledot Media, as the role and culture meshes well with my personality and working style. In my role there are weeks with large amounts of work, and sometimes weeks where things are more quiet while waiting on manufacturer responses/samples/etc. I tend to fill the slower periods with research, content creation, and other tasks related to the project itself, but it is always good to hear if there are other needs in the business where I can continue to contribute, during these quieter weeks. Again, not a downside at all to the work, but more describing who would be the best fit for those considering working with the company. It’s great for self starters and those personally driven to produce good work.

CEO

Thanks for the kind words!

8. "Great company!"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Guatemala City

I have been working at Doubledot Media for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is super helpful, if you have any issue someone will be there to help you. They always pay on time and is a cool place to work really.

Cons

Being on the otherside of the world sometimes makes it a little complicated to communicate.

9. "Social Media Manager"

Current Freelancer - Social Media Management in Prague

I have been working at Doubledot Media for more than a year

Pros

People who work at Doubledot Media are experts at their field. Everyone's part is valued and their input is respected. Aside from being good at what they do, they know that the best results come from strong communication within the team.

Cons

Considering that some members of the team are working remote it can be a challenge to stay up to date with how the company is evolving.

Continue reading

CEO

Appreciate the feedback :) It's an area that we are working on improving so stay tuned for some changes here!

10. "A company that motivates their employees through great leadership"

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I like the most about working at Doubledot Media is that employees are treated with high regards. The management leads through example and not by force. We are able to work at our own pace / hours as long as we get the job done. I like the fact that I am able to give my input and share my thoughts and that management actually do listen to them. There's no ego between co-workers which helps us work towards a common goal.

Cons

The different time zones that we work in can be a bit challenging at first, but it's manageable and something that you can get used to after a while.

Found 19 reviews