Chloe + Isabel Reviews | Glassdoor.co.nz

Chloe + Isabel Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2019

2.7
Chloe + Isabel CEO Doug Hepfer   (no image)
Doug Hepfer
  1. "Sorry to see company go"

Former Employee - Merchandise Associate in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Chloe + Isabel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people, the jewelry.

Cons

The management over the past year. Sneaky. Doug is no longer management. He was great. New management, notsomuch.

Advice to Management

Bring Chantel back.

Chloe + Isabel2019-08-11
  2. "Flexible side hustle"

Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Chloe + Isabel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible & Fun Great jewelry Low start up cost You don’t have to buy bulks of inventory... buy pieces with discount

Cons

Really Helps to be creative

Chloe + Isabel2019-04-27

"Company used to be strong but new leadership has changed it for the worse."

I worked at Chloe + Isabel

Pros

Flexibility in schedule and income

Cons

Current CEO and leadership at corporate is not trustworthy

Chloe + Isabel2019-04-23

"Quality of Jewelry Gone Down Severely"

Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lifetime guarantee on the jewelry.

Cons

Company used to not push recruiting, but now it does. You used to be able to work your business on your own time and not have to worry about minimum sales. Now you have to have a minimum of $500 over 6 consecutive months. Jewelry has severely gone down in quality. I used to not be allergic to the earrings which was a huge selling point for me. The new earrings I can only wear for an hour before I start getting a... reaction. I can still wear the old earrings without reactions, so it truly is the quality. New jewelry constantly arrives damaged. With the Lifetime Guarantee, it doesn't make too big of a deal but more of an annoyance and embarrassing when new customers get damaged jewelry. Training and meeting have gone downhill. Trainings/Meetings used to be through different meeting programs. Now if you don't have Facebook, you get left out of a lot of important information because that is the main way they communicate to merchandisers now.

Advice to Management

No minimum sales and bring back the quality/hypoallergenic quality in the jewelry.

Chloe + Isabel2019-04-25

"Started off great but company and product have gone downhill."

Merchandiser

I worked at Chloe + Isabel

Pros

Good community of women trying to make it work!

Cons

Products are now far less quality and designs have not kept up with current trends. Difficult to sell a product when you no longer like any if the pieces! They now require minimums and push you to recruit. Used to be proud they were not an MLM, but that changed!!

Advice to Management

New design team, stay away from the MLM platform

Chloe + Isabel2019-03-20

"Chloe + Isabel is an Insulting Scam"

Former Employee - Merchandiser

I worked at Chloe + Isabel full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros: You work for free, you have to pay for the jewelry (even discounted, that doesn't seem fair), too much competition; you're on your own with training unless they like you, management makes it look like they're concerned, but it's all talk and no action. Then they kick you out for not making enough money for them. Unlike the stated vision of the company, they aren't out to help the merchandiser.

Cons

expensive jewelry, horrible management, horrible mentoring, exclusive mentality, cliquish, con artists, the CEO is out to profit from you before kicking you out

Advice to Management

In the beginning of my time (October 2017) with C + I, I thought it was a great company to work with and it was fun. That quickly changed as I spent over $1,000 and earned only about $100. Granted, my family is also to blame for lack of support. But I also believe this company is partly to blame as I did not have time to seek a new network. I posted on Instagram, twitter, and Facebook multiple times per day, and... went to some vending events. I tried to take advantage of the business partner program and wrote several emails to local businesses in addition to going in-person to local businesses. I wore my jewelry everywhere I went to generate interest and gave interested individuals business cards. Nobody was interested. The prices of these pieces was probably a factor in my inability to sell. In short, I worked very hard for you for FREE and felt outraged that I had to be forced out of this business after all of the hard work and money I gave to your company. To be excluded like that is unacceptable....very unacceptable. It still affects me. As of now, I'm broke. I had to lose my apartment and move in with my parents because of your company. I won't accept being treated like that. So I'll no longer be purchasing from this company and will tell everyone about my experience with Chloe + Isabel every chance I get. I felt insulted by the offer to remain associated as part of the rewards program. I declined this offer. I joined this company to earn an extra paycheck for MYSELF. I didn't do it so that the CEO or any other part of the leadership team could make a profit. I thought that was what your company stood for in terms of supporting and empowering female entrepreneurs. I did not receive that support by this policy change or by any mentor or individual involved with C +I. I was excluded. I joined to make an extra pay check because I was a single woman with a doctoral degree that owed $200,000+ in student loans in addition to being the only person responsible for paying $1,200 in monthly rent, groceries, internet, and utilities. In the end, C+I ruined my life. I'm bankrupt, have no home of my own, and have had no income for over a year. I hate to say it, but I hope karma remembers this company. Every time I think of C + I, my fond memories will be replaced with disgust. How is it that Doug Hepfer is running this company? What does he know about jewelry? Why not kick him out instead?

Chloe + Isabel2019-03-08
  7. "Overall a Great Company"

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent quality jewelry and amazing design team No requirement to recruit to stay a merchandiser No annual fee for the website Customers are very enthusiastic Rich rewards for merchandisers and hosts

Cons

They’ve started making the incentive trips entirely based around recruiting rather than giving the option to earn through sales, and it’s something like needing to recruit 5 Qualifying people in a 2.5 month period.

Chloe + Isabel2019-01-17
  8. "Small Enough to Be Involved, Big Enough to Make a Difference"

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel full-time

Pros

Coworkers, Community, Serious About the Work, Great Benefits

Cons

Company is Transitioning, Looking to backfill key roles

Advice to Management

Maintain the quality mindset/focus of the company

Chloe + Isabel2019-01-03

"Manager"

in Houston, TX

I worked at Chloe + Isabel for more than 3 years

Pros

Work your business full time; or just as a side hustle. You get out what you put in.... that was the company I joined.

Cons

the message of female empowerment is infuriating. New leadership took over in 2017. No longer about supporting the community and female empowerment. Leadership will not listen to feedback given repeatedly from the field. It’s Denise is iminate.

Advice to Management

Heartbroken to see what used to be an embracing community destroyed to feed a leaders ego.

Chloe + Isabel2018-10-01

"Fun and flexible"

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Not an MLM> no need to recruit others Flexible Having parties and selling is pretty fun

Cons

No regular pay—some months are great, some are a bust. You never know. There’s pressure from management to keep buying new collections, which can eat away at your profits quickly

Chloe + Isabel2018-07-09