AltisHR Reviews

Updated 18 Feb 2020

4.0
AltisHR Co-Founder Kathryn Tremblay (no image)
Kathryn Tremblay

"Excellent Service!"

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

Altis HR has allowed and helped me to get my foot in the door in this insanely competitive city, Toronto. They dealt with everything from my first initial interview to signing my employment contract. They kept me informed throughout the whole process and was always available if I ever had any concerns. I owe it to Altis for beginning my career!

Cons

I have no cons to apply to this section.

AltisHR2017-04-21

"Altis Employment Review"

Administrative Assistant On Placement in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

They actively e-mail you with opportunities, and contact you via phone. They dont hold it against you if the opportunity isn't the right one for you. Been working with them for a year now, and never had an issue in regards to pay/hours. They also check in on you periodically to see if theyre are any concerns you might have at the workplace.

Cons

I cannot see a con to this company, they help you find employment at a fair wage. And keep on going relations between themselves and you open.

AltisHR2017-04-21

"Great Experience with Altishr"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

I would just like to say that I really enjoy working with Altishr. They all have been the greatest help to me and have given me plenty of opportunities to explore. I appreciate all the help that Altishr has provided me. I find the staff wonderful and efficient in finding me the right employment opportunities. I have learnt so much in the previous years from the hard work and dedication put in by them to help me succeed in my career goals.

Cons

I have enjoyed working with Altishr.

AltisHR2017-04-07

"Senior Recruiting Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people, good managers, support from team members, and they promote internal collaboration over internal competition

Cons

No access to work from home

AltisHR2017-03-23

"Incredible Team of Professionals!"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR

Pros

AltisHR offers top notch training that sets consultants up for incredible success. I owe my career growth and development to this brand that has helped many like myself flourish personally and professionally. Never have I ever and probably will never come across a company culture that is so genuine, rewarding and passionate. On the service side - they hold each and every practice to the highest importance ensuring that client service is always seamless. I will miss the Altis team dearly.

Cons

No office in the Unites States.

AltisHR2017-03-02

"Couldn't ask for a better employer!"

Senior Recruiting & Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

altisHR is a place where you can learn, grow and push yourself to your full potential. They create a work environment that allows you to be successful and they are there to celebrate that success with you. Here are my top pros: - Strong management team & CEO - Lots of personal growth potential - Supportive work environment - Great commission structure - Fun & entertaining work culture

Cons

If you are looking for a 9:00am to 5:00pm type of job, this is not the right place for you. This job requires you to put in extra hours, but you will see the benefits of your hard work in the long run.

AltisHR2017-02-12

"Fantastic Recruitment Experience"

Investigator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at AltisHR

Pros

Professional and friendly approach to recruitment! Their staff really care about the people they are placing and do their best to match your skills to the organization. Miles ahead of their competition!

Cons

Wish there were more companies like them!

AltisHR2017-02-10

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment and Placement Consultant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at AltisHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

AltisHR is the most incredible place to work. I've never had such a positive experience in the workplace. Our team is comprised of sales driven, happy and positive people. We all work as a team to help candidates get placed in jobs that are the best fit for them. There is a great balance between recruitment and sales. This balance allows consultants to understand their clients needs and find the best candidate for their role. Management has created incentives to motivate consultants to do the best they can on a day to day basis and ensure that each employee is successful in their job.

Cons

If you're looking for a slow paced work environment this probably isn't the best fit for you. Consultants need to be driven and have the ability to multitask.

AltisHR2017-02-07
  9. "AltisHR- There's a Reason Why they have been Around for over 2 Decades****"

Former Employee - Recuritment and Placement Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time

Pros

I use to work at AltisHR as a Recruitment and Placement Consultant for almost a year, and have nothing but positive things to say about the company. The corporate culture is fun, has a very work hard play hard mentality. All of my co-workers were extremely inclusive, and always willing to lend a helping hand. AltisHR has "team time" every Friday, which really helps you connect with the other members of your team, and relax after a busy week! The company is well managed and structured, they train their employees extremely well with interactive videos, role playing, mock interviews, one on one training and visual presentations to keep you engaged every step of the way. In addition, if you find there are areas where you need additional training - managers and other co-workers are always extremely supportive! Other Pros: > Uncapped Commission- SOO much earning potenital > Last Friday of the Month Casual Friday's > Fun Competitions- including large company wide shopping Spree's, sales blitz's and team challenges > Fun- Upbeat Environment > Individual Office's- that are beautifully designed > Team Time Every Friday end of day- with some bubbly! > Great Location in the centre of the city > Great internal database > Continuous training and education > Great benefits packages > Ethical and reputable company ** Great Managers, CEO and Team of People***

Cons

The recruiting field in general is a tough industry at first. You have to be willing to work hard, and put yourself out there! Your first year at AltisHR is the growing year, you are learning so many new things and really building your foundation to become a great recruiter. Success takes time at first, so be patient - use your resources and keep trying- you will see results. I left due to my interests lying in a completely different field, and had nothing to do with the company or the role itself. It is a fantastic opportunity, if you like to be rewarded for your hard work and be with a fun company- Altis is the place for you. BEFORE APPLYING- Cons: > Have to be willing to work hard > Industry is always changing- so you have to be adaptive > Requires resilience, persistence, and patience > Team Player- no cattiness is tolerated here > Sales and Metric Driven Individual

AltisHR2017-02-01

"Confusing Values"

2.0
    Former Employee - Proposal Writer in Ottawa, ON

I worked at AltisHR full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some really great individuals at this company. Even the CEO and executives seem like great people, but man: it's a super uncomfortable place to work.

Cons

They seem to distrust their employees and expect infinite unpaid overtime. They don't pay well, but, hey, they have beer. Non-managers do not have access to the Internet at their workstation. You are not allowed to check your cell phone and even while working unpaid overtime, your supervisor will time your breaks. They seem to subscribe to an outdated punitive work place culture. Altis/Excel say that they have a "work hard/play hard" environment, but it just feels like a sad and desperate place.

AltisHR2017-02-01

AltisHR Response

February 9, 2017Marketing and Events Manager

This is also a confusing post to us because altisHR doesn't have this particular job title. Regardless, it's unfortunate you feel this way. With our open door policy, we always encourage team members to talk to us about any concerns they may have. Moving forward we would recommend that you speak to your manager directly while you're employed versus choosing to bring it up after you've left an organization as this leaves no opportunity to better the situation. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Found 63 reviews