Mission: GameDuell has expanded and evolved rapidly and now has offices located in Berlin, Germany and San Francisco, USA. The company is driven by a team of over 200 game enthusiasts with a mission to make competition a fun experience for everybody.
I have been working at GameDuell full-time (Less than a year)
- Great environment
- Great colleagues
- Opportunities to improve self (going to conferences, mentored by colleagues, learning new software/procedures)
- Flexible schedule
- Yearly wage increases (based on personal performance, of course)
- 13th salary
- Relatively transparent in direction, plans for future and overall goals (compared to my former jobs)
- Higher than average number of holidays
- In-office German/English lessons
- In-office physical courses (yoga, back therapy)
- Company paid improvement courses
- Free lunch (if you're not picky)
- Free beverages
- Frequent office parties
- Company merch (clothes, playing cards, mugs, backpacks etc.)
Overall, the working environment is something you do not find everywhere.
I've been in several jobs where I went to work stressed out, came back from work stressed out and dreaded waking up in the morning to go to another day of stress; here, at GameDuell, it's a pleasure to wake up and know I'm going somewhere where I can be productive, learn something new and be happy doing it and not feel like life is slowly leaving my body while I count the minutes until it's time to go home.
Personally, I don't have any things to complain about.
I have heard from colleagues the pay could be better, but, for me, it's the biggest salary I've earned since I moved to Germany.
We can all use more money, of course, but I am content with my salary, and I am sufficiently happy with how this job makes me feel mentally and physically.
Advice to Management
So far, you're doing a great job, but I think we need to be more open to change, so that we may adapt for an ever aging customer base.
In the long run, those that adapt survive and reap the benefits.
Look towards the future with hope and eagerness.
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GameDuell.
I applied online and 3 weeks later a HR employee contacted me to have a phone interview. In this interview, the employee asked me normal questions; no tricky question was asked. Then, 4 weeks later they sent me a Technical test which I completed but unfortunately, they didn't offered me the job.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –