University of Washington Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at University of Washington

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 388 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

The first round entailed a brief phone Interview to review background and how it relates to the position. A follow up Skype Interview for final round of interviews with immediate team.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage a difficult conversation or customer?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

It's a phone call. I received the phone call in the morning. Overall the HR is polite and asked me about my research background. It lasted around one hour roughly.

Interview Questions
University of Washington
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

As expected. The professors were very reassuring and informative. They talked about the environment and the benefits of living in Seattle. Because of COVID it was all on zoom but that made it less nerve racking.

Interview Questions
  • What are your hobbies or things to do outside of work?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Washington, DC)

Interview

An interview is essentially a structured conversation where one participant asks questions, and the other provides answers. In common parlance, the word "interview" refers to a one-on-one conversation between an interviewer and an interviewee.

Interview Questions
  • why are you interested in working for us?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

phone interview, with a discussion of my experience and skill set and salary needs. The hiring manager was interested in my knowledge of systems and purchasing and procedures in the past, and my ability to learn new systems.

Interview Questions
University of Washington
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

Respond to invitation for application with necessary documentations (resume, letter of interest, diploma). Follow-up interview is fairly straight forward and systematic process. Acceptance of offer with contract detail plus verification procedure.

Interview Questions
  • General reply to written questionnaire, including experience, contribution value and terms.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

I committed to two interviews for this role in the span of less than a week. Both interviews seemed to go well. I was told at the end of my second interview that they would get back to me with a decision by the end of the week. However, no one ever followed up. I wrote the contact who arranged by interviews to thank her and send my thanks to all those who took time out of their schedules to meet with me. I received no response from her. Almost four weeks after my interview, I find out I was was not selected for the position when I reviewed my application in my UW profile. The experience was unprofessional and disappointing to say the least. I would not recommend holding your breathe on follow up after you interview. The least they could have done was send me a simple courtesy email to let me know that I was not selected for the role and that would have sufficed.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what diversity, equity and inclusion means to you.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

The first step included standard CV and cover letter submission with ATS profile which included role specific questions on skills and tool experience. The second step was a phone screen on Zoom with the Hiring department. This discussion seemed clear, effective and professional. The third step was another more focused Zoom discussion which was billed as technical. This conversation seemed to go well yet my candidacy stopped. The feedback was direct, personal and very negative, bordering on unprofessional. I'm happy to have avoided a working relationship with this group but still regard the institution in a positive light for a number of reasons.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little about yourself Describe a time when ... Tell me about a situation ... Behavioral Interviewing Standard Edition
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

started with phone screening interview, followed by a group interview, made the cut for the one on one with potential supervisor. was given a soft commitment and had to do two other interviews before a solid offer

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for in a job? Would you be happy here? How does your work experience relate?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at University of Washington (United States)

Interview

For the interview process, I talked to the team leads first with a behavioral interview. Then I talked with the professsor for a more technical interview. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 388 Interviews