University of Otago Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Interviews at University of Otago

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Otago

Student IT Advisor Interview

Interview

Microsoft Word/Excel Test:
    Simple test to ensure that you have basic computer literacy

Group Interview:
    Games and questions to see how you interact with others and in team

Individual Interview:
    Personal interview to see what your past experiences have been and to get to know you better.

Research Technician Interview

Interview

They were nice, and it felt like an informal chat. It was a panel of interviewers, and had some pretty technical questions. They are prompt with email responses.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunedin, Otago

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Otago (Dunedin, Otago) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was very intimidating, whilst there was water available, the panel were very stern and not open in their mannerisms. This made me feel that the position had already been filled and they were just going through interviews to tick boxes. I felt very deflated afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Student IT Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, Otago

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Otago (Dunedin, Otago) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process had three stages that took place over a few weeks. I was initially invited to do a Word and Excel test, followed by a group interview, then finally, a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• In the panel interview, you are asked general interview questions like, "Describe a difficult situation that you encountered and how did you respond"?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Otago in March 2015.

Interview

Just had a skype interview with a prospective supervisor, and that is all I did to get an offer to do PhD. I applied for a PhD scholarship and later was also offered.

IT Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, Otago

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Otago (Dunedin, Otago) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied via HR for the position of IT Trainer. I did a training presentation, as I have had to do with every training job I have ever applied for. I then had a face to face interview, where I was asked questions by my prospective boss and colleague. It was a good interview process with my boss asking questions related to my work style and experience, and my colleague asking questions regarding my technical prowess. As this role requires software training, admin, and some technical support of the systems we use, it was necessary to satisfy a wider range of skill criteria.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager do you need?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did attempt to start at a higher level, but was not successful. I would advise others to ask, but to understand that the University does not tend to start people on a higher level than the base of a step.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.