University of Auckland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

University of Auckland Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Auckland

2.3

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Auckland.

Interview

I was invited into the role after spending a lot of time hanging around the department, talking to lecturers and tutors and generally getting involved with events in the department. I was offered the job with no formal interview

Resident Advisor Interview

Interview

Long process but was ok. Conducted over zoom during the 2020 pandemic. First was individual interviews, then group interviews. Two interviewers per person over a period of about two weeks. This meant that there were *a lot* of people applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Auckland.

Interview

Applied through the UoA website. In 3 days of the vacancy closing I was notified that they wanted to interview me. 2 days after the interview I was offered the position.

Engineering TA Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. No formal interview just EOI email and CV. Was recommended this tutoring role by a supervisor and an offer was given shortly after. Easiest method to obtain a TA role is through networking.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

It's basically just email conversations with your potential supervisor. If he/she agrees to take you as a student, you just need to follow the general application procedures of the University.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications and experiences in the relevant field?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland, Auckland) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview is about 30~40 minutes long and is mainly carried out by the interviewer's lead.
    The panel involves two, the executive and the manager.
    Not enough questions asked for you to appeal yourself, so impress your employer with a resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Technical Support?   1 Answer
    • Technical questions involving presentation equipment.   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland, Auckland).

Interview

- First had a Phone Interview with a AUT HR personal
    - HR processed a Reference Check
    - In person interview with the manager. Basic questions about my experience/seeing if you are a good fit for the team.
    - Was given a offer which i accepted shortly after

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to my background and experience in BI.   Answer Question

Resident Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland, Auckland) in December 2018.

Interview

Had 2 interviews- a group one with 9 other people, and an indivifual one for about 15-20 minutes.
    Group interview had questions like why should we choose you, what skills do you bring. It also had team activities to do with others.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be a good RA.   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Auckland (Auckland, Auckland) in November 2018.

Interview

Got interviewed by two people. There was a long queue, had to wait an hour from my scheduled time. when we entered the small office they quickly asked me some behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What residence do you prefer   1 Answer
    • Would you mind calling off a party that you're friends are at   1 Answer

Desk Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Two people, one from upper management and my direct manager. Casual style of interview without technical questions. Basically to get an idea of character and more details about other jobs held elsewhere, in order to see if fit with the rest of the team would be good.

Interview Questions

• Expand on experience at previous employer A   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.