Rockstar Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Rockstar Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Rockstar Games

2.5

QA Tester Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions giving you a short amount of time to prepare. They are quite straight forward and range from:

"Why are you interested in Rockstar"

"tell us about the QA process"

"What can you add"

The first interview is on one sided video interview where you talk to the web camera and it then gets sent of for review.

Unfortunately I didn't get an offer but I was not happy that they refused to give me any feedback and did not respond to my email.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockstar Games.

Interview

Standard QA Testing, do stuff from a sheet in allocated time then face to face interview. You are kept to one room so you do not see the other workers nor get to ask them about their opinion on working there or other. It's all very cryptic and unfriendly.

Interview Questions

• Differences between QA testing singleplayer and multiplayer games   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Sql test with mid level complexity like analytics functions and looking for evidence of query optimisations.

Game passion and experienced valued.

First hr interview then tech test then phone screen with data team.

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Very friendly relaxed interview with senior management and middle management.
    Had a bit of a laugh. I got the impression that they were checking for team fit mote that grilling me on my skills. As an artist I guess they already have their mind made up from your folio. I was offered the job there send then.

Interview Questions

• What games do you look at the artwork for and think wow.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what pay I would like and said that would be fine. When I started it was a thousand more than I had asked for.

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rockstar Games in January 2018.

Interview

Applied on July 2017 and got the first call in January 2018. By this time, I've already spent 2 months in the new company. I informed this to the HR lady and within 3 minutes, I got the email as (exact words) -
    "Thank you so much for your application for the NOC Engineer position at Rockstar Games. We have reviewed your background and qualifications and find that unfortunately it's not going to be a match for this role at the moment."
    I've joined a company which is best place to work in Glassdoor and with a higher position and I am not suitable for this company.
    I doubt if I will be joining this company again!!

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Lincoln, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was sent a link to apply via recorded video interview. I was asked four questions - the questions flashed up for 1 to 2 minutes, then I was given 3-4 minutes to answer them based on their complexity.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Rockstar Games?
      What experience do you have using different platforms?
      Why would you be good for this role?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Lincoln, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The first video interview was daunting as I didn’t have anyone to bounce off of. The face to face interview was highly enjoyable and I felt incredibly welcome. At no point did I feel intimidated or nervous.

Senior Character Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

A bunch of personal questions, like why I want to work with them , they also ask about the salary, avalaibility , what kind of shoftware I use, explain a bit my workflow and they also describe what is the job about and the main role, finally they asked me if I have any questions

Security Operations Center Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rockstar Games.

Interview

Too long interview process, it took 80 days almost. In terms of salary they are very poor. They are not looking for quality people, they are looking for someone who can work for them 24x7 with negligible amount.

Interview Questions

• DDoS in detail, Basic security fundamentals, TI related questions, RBC etc.   Answer Question

QA - Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email for a video interview. 5 questions were asked and had to record and submit. Pretty simple. An interview with a person online would have been nice but I think it is not possible due to the volume or applicants.

Interview Questions

• What is your history of gaming and with Rockstar ?   1 Answer