Robert Bosch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Updated 18 Jun 2019
1,051 Interview Reviews

2.9

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Plymouth, MI (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There are two interviewers: one is the hiring manager and the other is the engineering mentor. They asked about the projects I did before. Most of the questions are behavioral such as the connection between you and you team mates. Because they are system integration engineers. They would like to see their candidates can implement systems engineering approach when doing work. They put much emphasis on the connection between different components within the system.

Interview Questions

• What is the connection between you and your team mate in the project?   3 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

hiring process consists of
    1. Aptitude round related to mathematics and other technical question where 90 percent candidates will be screened out in the first round.
    2. Two technical round for at least 1 hour each
    3. HR round

Interview Questions

• Mainly regarding C and communication skills   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

It was through campus placement. I was asked basic questions about micro-controllers, microprocessors, digital logic and C programming. To be more specific, I was asked to write a C program for SR flipflops. to differentiate between micro controllers and microprocessors

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen. Then an in person group interview. Then they had me write a small program for them at home and send it in. Then another group interview.

Interview Questions

• How I would structure a project.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

I had a brief telephone call (screening) after which I received an offer to visit their location. They paid for the travel but I had to ask first. Once there I had a chat with two HR managers and my future manager. Initially I had only one interview scheduled but because I came from abroad they added an interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Very run-of-the-mill questions. They were mostly interested in open-ended and behavioural questions such as "Explain a situation where you were under stress and also how you resolved the stressfulness." Technically no challenge at all because no one technical was present, which is common at Bosch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A contract was drafted and shown for my acceptance. Only later, when I had already started the job, did I learn about my possibility to negotiate. It took a long time to finish the contract though (2 months).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

interview had 1 phone interview and 3 1:1 interviews which had HR , Skills and Manager interview.
    asked about C C++ skills, android development and java skills. some question about UI and android layers .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

Technical - 2 rounds. Telephonic - 1 round. General test - 1 round.
    Happened at the university . General questions were asked in the first round.
    Second round was more on what i would bring to the team

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Robert Bosch (Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

> Structured interview with in-depth technical questions and the norm personality type questions
    > Interviewers seemed very passionate about the company/careers
    > Tenure is unbelievable for some, which tells a lot about the company!
    > Took roughly 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Q. What can you tell us about the position itself?
      Q. Tell us about yourself?
      Q. Can you explain the process of restructuring a relational database?
      Q. Why do we use an entity-relationship model, what's it for?
      Q. Diagramming and Wireframing
      Q. Crow's Foot Notation
      Q. Software Development Methodologies
      Q. Scenario type questions (e.g. disgruntled co-worker)
      Q. Web services/ APIs   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch.

Interview

I received a call regarding an analyst role in my area. I called the recruiter back, and she asked that we setup a 10 minute interview the following day. When she called, right out of the gate started to question my interest in the company. I started my career in a different industry and she quickly made that the topic of our conversation. We went through my resume, and I answered a few questions. At no point was I told anything about the role or what the day to day would be- it was simply a stream of one way questions. She then told me that the role required relocation 3 years from now, I said I didn't see anything about relocation in the job description, but I would be open to it. She questioned whether I was really serious. I finally told her after being interrogated that I didn't want to move forward in the process. Since I live close by to their headquarters, I figured she would offer to keep open dialogue regarding future opportunities that may arise- but all she said was thanks for your time and good luck and hung up. I was very excited to interview with this company, and excited about the opportunity, but after speaking with the recruiter don't have a very good impression.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Bosch in March 2017.

Interview

The process was easy, however everything leading up to the interview takes far too long. It takes weeks to get a response from the human resource people. Overall enjoyable experience I would recommend. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses, What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.