Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Interviews at Microsoft

9,357 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   8 Answers

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter. Gave the initial phone call. And later was called onsite. The interview was difficult. There were 6 rounds of the interview process, including whiteboard coding.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Couple phone screening calls, the interviewer was nice and engaging. Gave a good description of the role and what is expected from the individual hired. He asked some basic questions relate to my work history, background, and the reasoning for my interest in this role.

Senior Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It's the worst interview experience ever (with 343 studio). After the hiring manager phone interview, the recruiter scheduled 2 days/7 session virtual interviews but incorrect interview panel info/time was provided.

Without any heads-up, the interview sessions were canceled in the middle of day 1 sessions, not to mention Day 2. As a candidate, I feel terribly disrespected and traumatized. Some interviewers gave me a very negative impression- it’s virtual interview, but the interviewers didn’t turn on the camera nor provided any response. I literally talked to myself and stared at the empty screen the whole times.

While I was waiting for my last session interview in Day 1, which was 15 mins late already, and this was when I noticed an email sending from the recruiter during the last session interview --- with the email title "Can I call you?" the recruiter couldn’t have seriously expected me to check my email during an interview and answered her call?!! I closed my interview software and called the recruiter immediately. Then she told me "The interviewers decided not to continue the interview, not to waste time." YES, THEY WASTED MY TIME!”

The recruiter didn’t handle the whole situation and I had to find out on my own, because she was in a hurry to get out of the work. Show some respect to the candidates!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage external developers?   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1. On campus interview
    2. Final round online

final round had 4 interviews back to back testing algorithm questions
    if you do leetcode mostly you should be fine

try to practice because they will look at your speed and thought process as well
    the experience also depends on interviewer but overall not bad at all

Interview Questions

Interview

Two Rounds -
    Round 1: Behavioral Questions for 30 minutes
    Round 2: 3 hours and 3 rounds and 3 different interviewers - 1 hour each
                         Mix of behavioral questions, case questions, and conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a difficult team member   2 Answers

Partner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Video interview and answered questions online.
    Many of Java’s object-oriented features are motivated by problems with previ- ous languages, and their implementations are influenced by this history. Some of these features are hard to explain when people aren’t familiar with the problems they solve.
    We get to object-oriented programming as quickly as possible, limited by the requirement that we introduce concepts one at a time, as clearly as possible, in a way that allows readers to practice each idea in isolation before moving on. So it takes some time to get there.

Interview Questions

• Explain OOP to a 5 year old.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I highly recommend people applying for jobs at Microsoft to attend their Virtual seminars. It helps a lot connect directly with recruiters. I am still in the middle of the interview process. Very well structured 60 minutes phone interview. Started with my intro and projects that I have been working on followed by a coding question and then a small design discussion.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium and hard questions   1 Answer

Senior Wireless Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Got call from hiring manger followed by recruiter. Collected all requirements and documents. Final interview was on Teams with 3 team members . Conversational and nice technical interview. All interview team members seemed intrested and metioned that I seems good fit. Recruiter told me that I will know outcome after 2 days. Nothing till next 1 week. Pinged again, I got an update that they will make decision in a day . Nothing even after another week. Pinged again after a week. No answer. Finally I got another offer , I asked recruiter to tell me now given I had other offer, feedback was that I am good fit but they are moving forward with other candidates. Seriously, I was supposed to know answer in 2 days after interview, nothing even after a month even after interview went really good. After a month I had to force them to tell me an answer and I got NO. Nice interview but horrible hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Homodyne Receiver. ANT related question. Test related question. LTE,wifi and BT questions.   Answer Question

Datacenter Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boydton, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boydton, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I received an email after I applied asking for some clarifying experience questions. I was then contacted about scheduling an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 Datacenter Leads and was asked about my experience and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.