Facebook Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Facebook Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.1

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was referred by one of my friends who works for FB and got the chance to interview. The technical question in the interview is not hard and I solved it out. The interview lasts for about 45min. The interviewer seems to be very busy so I don't have time to go through the test cases.

Interview Questions

• search in the shifted sorted array   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

One phone interview consiting of one medium algorithmic question. After 2 weeks, I got invite to onsite interview in Menlo Park for (3 rounds , which includes 2 technical and 1 behavioural)

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in October 2019.

Interview

I was able to get a referral and had the recruiter contact me via e-mail who arranged a coding phone screen after a month. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and seemed very disinterested in the whole interview. He did not ask me any behaviorial questions and just cut straight to coding.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question about arrays and a dynamic programming questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I had a referral to the company through an existing employee, and was connected with a recruiter. Had a phone screen as the first step in the process. The phone connection was bad, interviewer said they'd reschedule the interview to do a zoom call instead, got rejected 30 minutes later.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

it was a phone screen, and was about 45 mins. interviewer was late and there was only one question there. hard problem. I don't know why I answered the question and didn't get chance to continue interview process.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

I applied online, after a moth I got the reply and arranged a phone call interview. Initially asked about why do I want to join Facebook. After that two coding questions. First question is identify invalid parenthesis and second question is giving valid input for invalid parenthesis. I couldn't finish the second question and got a reject

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Really well done, recruiters communication was quick, submitted resume at college Puzzle Hunt event. Contacted by recruiter two days later setting up a phone interview. Invited onsite for University Day, which was 3 interviews plus a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• BST, String, and recursion questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

First technical screen. A person called you on the phone and gave u a problem that you have to solve within 45min on an online editor that is like notepad where they can monitor you on the other side.
    I was well prepared but I wasn't expected that I would be interviewed by someone with such a strong accent. I usually don't have a problem with that since my college has a lot of internationals and I'm somewhat internationals but through phone it sounded so bad and I had to ask him to repeat almost everything I said to me. It was really bad and time-consuming asking the interviewer to keep repeating over and over what he said. I finished the problem just in-time to ask 2-3 questions from me to him. But the end of this made my experience worse when I was asking a question and he said "Sorry we run out of time I have to hang up" and abruptly hung up. I did not pass this interview but I feel like if it was a different interviewer I could have saved myself some time. I was not even sure if he could understand me most of the time because you know how they say you gotta say your thought out loud, I tried to do that but on his side he did not really respond to what I said which really made me feel like I was not talking to a human.

Interview Questions

• Check if an array of String (words) is sorted based on a given dictionary (this could be anything, not a real dictionary)   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I got pretty lucky tbh. Initially got rejected (twice!) by Facebook a few months ago with a referral at the company (didn't even receive a phone screening just flat out rejection email after viewing my resume). Received an offer from Microsoft and emailed them back asking if they were still interested in considering me for new grad hire. Did a phone screening 2 days later, onsite the following Monday and received an offer that Friday. I think this was exceptionally quick because they had to make a decision before my other offer deadlines but I was extremely impressed by how fast and thorough they were!

There were three onsite interviews, each 45 minutes long. The first two were coding interviews while the last one was 50% behavioural (ex: "what's the biggest technical challenge you've faced?", "talk about a time you've had to push an idea despite opposition?") and 50% "simple" coding. The questions themselves I'd say were slightly harder than Google's onsite (got rejected by them a month earlier) but by the time I did Facebook I had done about about 200 Leetcode questions so I felt extremely comfortable with them. Actually at the beginning of each interview I had to tell them for the first 2-3 questions that I had already seen them.

Interview Questions

• NOTE: Apparently this question is banned but my interviewed went through about 3 questions that I had already seen so I just asked him to give me a question that was really hard and he didn't think I could solve within the interview time.

Given a matrix with elements representing the heights of hills, find the longest ski path (numbers strictly descending) in the matrix. The hard part was that you were allowed to start and end anywhere.   2 Answers

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was flown to Menlo Park for an onsite as part of one of Facebooks University Days. Received a tour of the campus and had 3 1:1 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Print out a matrix in spiral form.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.