Columbia University Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Columbia University

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 422 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

I had a phone interview, then in-person with fellow teammates, then an in-person interview with leadership. It was a very long process. The difficulty of acing the interview will depend on which school you apply to.

Interview Questions
  • There was a writing test you had to pass to be considered.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

3 digital interview questions, just basically why choose Columbia, introduce your self and how you can achieve success in Columbia. Two chances for recording so you can choose to record again if you are not doing well in the first time.

Interview Questions
  • why choose Columbia, introduce your self and how you can achieve success in Columbia. Two chances for recording
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

I met with the the hiring supervisor, upper management as well as some of my colleagues that I would be working with. They made me feel welcome. I was scheduled for two interview dates where a met several individuals.

Interview Questions
Columbia University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in Feb 2021

Interview

Smoothly process. Take about 3 to 4 weeks of 3 rounds of interview, friendly interviewers trying to get to know more about my personality. And they asked references to speak with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
  • What's your 5-year plan and monthly plan?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

They give as many as two and three interviews for simple job titles. They ask many questions and investigate your entire life. They contact prior jobs and make it difficult to get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

The main interviewer didn't bother to attend my Zoom interview, and sent a text to the secondary interviewer who had made polite conversation for 30 mins while waiting for her to join, to say she was running late, then another text 5 minutes later to say she would reschedule. The next day, I got a rejection email!

Interview Questions
Columbia University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

Typical grad school admissions process- submit personal statement and research CV. Took longer to get back to me (late March) than most other schools. No official interview but prior networking is key to getting a good research placement.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why are you interested in joining this program 2. Which faculty’s research is most interesting to you
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Columbia University (United States)

Interview

They gave out a few questions, and I used their website to record the interview. The questions are easy to answer. After submitting it, it took a couple of weeks to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
Columbia University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY)

Interview

The hiring manager lacked personality and is extremely unprofessional. I followed up three times and have not heard back. The professional way to go about that would be to simply send an email stating whether they are interested or not instead of telling the person that they will certainly hear back whether it is a yes or no and then leave them hanging.

Interview Questions
Columbia University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

I had to answer three questions in a one-sided video recording interview where you get 90 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. You only get one shot so perhaps practice answering succinctly ahead of time :)

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why Columbia Engineering? 2. What's your greatest academic weakness? 3. What are your hobbies and interests?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 422 Interviews