Boston Consulting Group Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Boston Consulting Group Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

4.0

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 interviews in the first round, 2 more in the second. Shockingly unprofessional throughout. They forgot they had scheduled my second round and didn't apologize (I had cancelled two other super-day interviews for the same day) and when they did reschedule (because I had scheduled my exploding offers around the original second round), they acted like I was a huge nuisance and uncommitted (first question in the interview: why am I here today?). Then I had to email and finally call for 3 days up until the evening of my deadline (facing radio silence) for them to (finally!) reject me. Also wasn't reimbursed for my first round travel, but apparently that's industry standard.

I really liked the people I had met from BCG and was super-excited (and prepared) for the interview, but the process really soured me. In retrospect, I feel guilty for keeping my other offers waiting for a firm that treats its tentative future hires so badly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Milan (Italy)) in April 2020.

Interview

Embarassing. The company privileges women with sub-par CVs to high level male candidates in the name of gender balance. If this is the way to balance the predominantly male workforce, the management has to think again if this is the right way to do that.
    Hopefully, in the long term, their business will resent of these foolish decisions!
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that men are better or worse of women, I am just saying that a person should be evaluated for his CV independently of the gender or similar factors. And that is definetly NOT happening here.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2019.

Interview

Conclusion : ridiculous firm severely lacking professionalism in terms of promised feedback.

Details : Agressive principal with little patience during my interview (both in fit and case study parts).

Promised detailed individual feedback by the HR team.

5 emails during 2 months in order to get this promised feedback. And I was "thrown" between different stakeholders...

Interview Questions

• The case was on the subsides for a region with severe energy supply problem.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was a fun, engaging experience. 3 rounds with a numerical test and 6 interviews in total.
    Opportunity to meet lots of different consultants and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Mix of Fit and Case Questions.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Case Interview like any typical interview for management consulting. It was a profit and loss case with focus on the cost aspect. The interviewer was a principal at BCG. The case interview was not stressful. The evaluation was based on how well you structured the solution.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The first round was formed of two 45 minute interviews with a mixture of fit and case questions. I was interviewed by a Principal and a Project Leader, both were very personable and responsive during the cases.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The initial application consisted of a CV and cover letter.

A few weeks later I was invited to a first round interview. This consisted of two one-on-one meetings with Principals, both of which involved around 15 minutes of 'fit' questions and then a 20 minute case. There was also a maths test - the problems weren't particularly difficult, but there was a lot of time pressure and negative marking.

The second (and final) round consisted of three interviews with Partners, following a similar format to the first round. The cases were relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a stressful situation.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

typical consulting case interview - worth notice that industry experience is irrelevant (at least for Project lead and below positions). 2 rounds, first round 2 principals and second round 2 partners

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is very well run and efficient. Interviews take place over three rounds. The first entails a maths test (brush up on elementary physics, business and maths olympiad type problems) and a short case study interview with a few questions based on your CV background. The second round consisted two case study interviews and background/fit questions. There are different interviewers for each case study. All the interviewers and HR staff are extremely polite, generous and helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the third round of interviews. However, after each round, I was provided insights into my interview performance, including my result for the maths test. This information is invaluable and is unique to the care and thought that BCG goes through to choose their Associates. I hope to apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a team you were part of was veering off track and you managed to set it on course again.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with HR questions and Case related questions; multiple rounds of interviews with Partners of the firm. The interviewer's assess problem solving skills, ability to structure and communicate

Interview Questions

• A B2B furniture manufacturer wants to enter B2C business. Should they enter?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.